Black Screen After intro
Hello, I am having a problem with Final Fantasy X. The game starts up fine all the way up to the title screen. then when i hit new game the intro starts and as soon as it gets up to FINAL FANTASY X, the words fade away but the game hangs BUT when i hit pause the words PAUSE comes up in the game. Before i had it playing fine but went back to try and get some better fps (laptop isnt a beast) i encounter this problem.

My specs
Intel core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.40 GHz
4 GB of DDR2
Nvidia Go Geforce 8600 GS
Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Plugins
GSdx 890 1.14 SSSE3
Linuzapps Iso CDVD 0.7.0
GiGaHeRz SPU2 0.13.0
Dev9null Driver 0.3.0
BIOS USA v2.00

CPU Settings
Checked Multi-threading GS mode and Dual Core Mode (helped me get the much needed FPS, perhaps the problem???)
Normal Frame limiting

Thanks in advance.Tongue

Sponsored links

Delete all *.ini's and reconfigure emulator and plugins. Try EFP Iso CD/DVD plugin instead, check your ISO file for erros via UltraISO/IsoBuster.
thanks for the help but i left the game running and it was working i was too impatient. by the way EFP Iso plugin, i cant find it and i downloaded PSX2 from this site any reason why i dont have it?

EDIT: Also when certain scenes come up or like a spell ex: when demi is used in FFX my FPS drop dramatically. any suggestions on how to fix it.
If it works with Linuzapps Iso CDVD 0.7.0 - forget about EFP.

Quote:EDIT: Also when certain scenes come up or like a spell ex: when demi is used in FFX my FPS drop dramatically. any suggestions on how to fix it.
Yeah, this one happens in 0.9.5 too. Use latest svn-compiles (but it's unsupported).
Thanks for the help Kein. Much appreciated.