Black Screen when I'm Playing few hours
My whole screen turns black after some time playing Castlevania CoD (ISO), it's not always the same time window , it's random.

I'm using default settings on PCSX2

PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 3.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
Graphiccard : Radeon HD 7850 2GB

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

Sponsored links

what exactly do u mean by black screen? is it:-

1) a black screen only in the emulator? that means u can press esc to pause the emulator, use windows normally, resume the emulator and again get the black screen

2) the whole windows freezes on a black screen and it becomes unresponsive so u must force shutdown

if it is 1 then that means the version of the game that u are using is corrupted. u are randomly getting areas which can't be read so you are getting black screens in those areas. a test u can do is start the game and leave it in the main menu just like that for few hours and see if the black screen comes. u have to disable turn off monitor when idle in the power settings of windows. u can either get a different version of the game or constantly saving in the game (actual way and not savestate) and when you get the black screen juust restart the emulator and reload

if it is 2 then it is a more serious problem. the emulator is messing up your windows. try uninstalling it and reinstaliing the emulator. if it didn't work then format the computer and put back windows then put the emulator. after u format switch off windows updates and only install needed drivers

btw are u using a laptop or a desktop? or u getting this problem only with this game or in all games?

if u are using a laptop then u should use a coolpad when u game for long hours because gaming causes cpu and graphics card to overwork hence raising the temperature and that can ruin the motherboard on some laptops
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sometimes...pid=263934
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go