Black flicker every 11 seconds or so w/ GSdx 0.1.16
Interlacing will only help to an extent, you are still rendering a black frame, it just only shows it every other line, so you can't see it so well. Did you try the VSync options or updating your graphics drivers?

what video card do you have? which version of windows?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(10-18-2013, 10:56 AM)refraction Wrote: Interlacing will only help to an extent, you are still rendering a black frame, it just only shows it every other line, so you can't see it so well. Did you try the VSync options or updating your graphics drivers?

what video card do you have? which version of windows?

Like I said, tried lots of options. Looked through all I can find via google etc.

Drivers are always up to date. In nvidia panel all options are desided by app.

And I cant say it is a black frame, sometimes part of the image is just... Cut for a semi-second...? Hard to say.

And it happends every 7-15 sec with 'blend'. And ONLY in .0.1.16 (.0.1.14 is ok)
The only solution I found is above.

btw
q6600 (oc 3.2 Ghz)
nvidia 660
8gb ram
windows 7

I came to this solution suddenly. Some guy posted a video where he shows that his game flickering every second or even more often. There was a comment, where guy recommends to 'play' with F5. So it was my last hope and TA-DAH! It worked.
I see, this is kind of a new issue to me, I've never seen it before.

Can i see screenshots of your gsdx settings, the GS Window tab and the GS tab in emulation settings ( i think thats right.. I know there's 2 tabs Tongue ) and plugin settings.

also i need to know if it happens with specific games or all games (including the BIOS screen)

I usually play only FF X with emu. I can tell u that the problem may appear only in PAL version. But i CAN'T confirm it, keep in mind.

And again, there is something hidden between 0.1.14 and 0.1.16 versions. Cause 14 is ok, 16 is not ok with similar settings. (in both sse2 and ssse3 versions of 16). Btw vsync didn't work either. Just tried it again to make sure.

I'll post my settings later.

Oh just remembered 1 thing. In one of the game screens (engine cut-scene, not movie) instead of flickering (or what it is), there was an artifact on the edge of the screen. Again - only 16 and only blend.
Do I need to change language of my emu to show u my settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you can do, i have a rough idea what they are anyway Tongue

(10-18-2013, 03:19 PM)refraction Wrote: you can do, i have a rough idea what they are anyway Tongue

I was wrong. Tweakin interlacing doesnt solve this problem. With 'auto' and 'none' it just happends less often. Omg my brain is gonna explode...

In addition. This happends not in all areas of the game. I'll try to play a bit more, mb found more usefull info.
This is gonna sound crazy, but can you try taking all your memory cards out and putting in fresh blank ones? I have a niggling feeling i had a similar problem once and it was the memcards fault. Weird as hell, but its a straw we can grasp.

(10-18-2013, 03:31 PM)refraction Wrote: This is gonna sound crazy, but can you try taking all your memory cards out and putting in fresh blank ones? I have a niggling feeling i had a similar problem once and it was the memcards fault. Weird as hell, but its a straw we can grasp.

Hm, I guess it helped.

Hope u don't mind if I ask u another question. Any way I can make pal game run on 60 fps without sound 'running too fast'?
nope, sorry. frame rates on the ps2 are fixed, 50fps is full speed on PAL games, if you make it run faster, the game will also run faster.

on the original point, you say you guess it helped? What changed?