Black flickering problem in FFX GSdx 0.1.16
I got some new info that may help you guys understand whats the problem. So I downloaded the latest gsdx from the svn(r5379) and everything was working fine, I dont know if it was thanks to the new gsdx actually cuz I didnt try the old ones after that to see if they now work too. But then my notebook just did a restart while playing(because of win update I think, although it should have asked first) and after that the blinking was back again...

Sponsored links

Bump, tried the latest SVN today, problem still exists. No solution yet?
Sounds like a specific hardware problem (or windows problem) of your PC, instead of a PCSX2 issue, in which we can't help much.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-02-2012, 12:48 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sounds like a specific hardware problem (or windows problem) of your PC, instead of a PCSX2 issue, in which we can't help much.

But the fact that with older GSdx it works fine doesnt say anything?
Means that the older GSdx used some different function, which does not trigger the problem. Since no one else gets the issue I have to assume this is system specific
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-10-2012, 06:47 PM)kastrul Wrote: I guess I'm just gonna stick with that until someone smarter sees this thread.

are you actually mocking the members who are trying to help you? :/
its not very nice to say people arent smart, even better, squall is one of the more experienced users here, he may has his flaws but its a nice fellow xD

as what i can tell you could have frameskipping on, but i doubt that would be the case because you used default settings.

avoid using dx9, that will bring more harm then good.

try the following:

go to nvidea control panel and select manage 3d settings, go to program settings and add the pcsx2 that is causing you trouble, and have all settings go to aplication controlled, this way we are certain that it is not the fault of the control panel.
Sorry didnt try to insult anyone, at least not intentionaly, I was kinda pissed off when I had tried absolutely everything but the blinking didnt go away. Also tried the control panel thingy but to no avail.
(10-02-2012, 01:20 PM)kastrul Wrote: Sorry didnt try to insult anyone, at least not intentionaly, I was kinda pissed off when I had tried absolutely everything but the blinking didnt go away. Also tried the control panel thingy but to no avail.

could you post all the settings you use on the version that is giving you problems?

this way we can have an indepth look on your settings and can identify the problem faster.
make printscreens of em and attach em in your post through add attachment on the bottom of the screen (only the settings you can cut the rest out if needed,)
emulation settings has his own build-in screenshotmaker use that too Smile
I hope this is all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tried dvdgigahertz as dvd plug-in?
disable crc hacks (or hardware hacks at all)

thats the only thing i have different.

the problem is on all games you play or just some?