Black screen after splash screens, no sound (SOLVED 9/24/13, possibly of interest?)
I know that this may be a sooooo stupid comment, but as I read on your log, it says that you're running Windows 8, is PCSX2 compatible with it? because as I read on the recommended requirements on the "Getting Started" section, it doesn't mention Windows 8 :/

ok ._. foget about that, was a terrible mistake, I had read and the SO is compatible lol

Sponsored links

Man, at this point, I'm just happy to have someone else besides me comment here, haha.

Yeah, it seems to function fine on Windows 8. My desktop is Windows 8 x64 - same as this laptop, and the same files and all run perfectly fine. Good thought, though.
I got it to work.

The issue is confirmed to be caused by loading any ISO file. I must load the game through a physical disk of the game.

1. Downloaded the latest SVN.
2. Extracted it to a folder in My Documents.
3. Deleted portable.ini, placed my bios in the root. (I did NOT change the path to the bios folder in my documents)
4. Opened up the PCSX2 folder in My Documents. Deleted the ini folder just for good measure.
5. Ran pcsx2-r5731.exe as administrator.
6. Error thrown that there was no config for my GPU plugin. Configured plugins by just changing the DEV9 to devnull plugin (otherwise, I crashed). Did NOT mess around in the GPU plugin configs. Just left it as Gsdx32-AVX-r5727. All I set in that plugin's options were to point it to my Nvidia GPU and to DirectX 11 Hardware.
7. Put in my physical disk of Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (no ISO mounting, not loading an ISO file...)
8. Directed the DVD plugin to E:/, where my game disk was located.
9. Boot (Full)

Out of pure curiosity, I tried selecting my ISO file I ripped from this very disk a couple years back, and the problem WAS THE ISO. It works on my other computers, yet if I try and load any ISO into my emulator, it hangs!

I'm posting this so coders and devs can see what my issue was and see if they want to add this to some kind of known bug list, or some kind of "known workarounds" list. If this issue happens to someone, try popping in a disk to the disk drive (maybe mount the ISO virtually if they lack the disk drive) and using the plugin "cdvdGigaherz-r5692" worked for me.

Here's proof it works:

[Image: eHCYZb2.png]
I'm at work right now, let me get home and there I'll read all details and then see if something comes to my mind Smile

Laugh congrats!!! happy playing!!
(09-24-2013, 10:58 PM)Zomdark Wrote: I'm at work right now, let me get home and there I'll read all details and then see if something comes to my mind Smile

Laugh congrats!!! happy playing!!

Thank you! I'm very glad that I decided to clean out my old drawers and give the disk a try, haha. So yeah, I hope the PCSX2 team sees that there's sometimes (apparently rarely?) an issue with trying to boot ISO images. The rips I made are apparently good (they work on my other computers) but for some reason, it just doesn't cooperate with my laptop specifically. Oh well - all's well that ends well. Thanks for all the support, now I hope my nearly year-long trial and error with this emulator can at least give back to the dev team with some info!
Seen it but there is no specific reason the iso should work on some computers only.
There's some kind of misconfiguration on your laptop that breaks this.
(09-24-2013, 11:53 PM)rama Wrote: Seen it but there is no specific reason the iso should work on some computers only.
There's some kind of misconfiguration on your laptop that breaks this.

That's what I figured. I went through every option of every available plugin for this, and couldn't get ISO files to load, even deleted the .ini files and started from scratch.

As for my laptop itself, I've never messed with anything related to my DVD drive, so I'm not sure.

Oh well. Important thing is, it's working, I suppose.
Sounds like a rights issue to me. Since it is like installing programs in the program files and you can't do anything to them. Common issue with steam games for example. Fallout 3 etc. FF7 modding on the pc has the same problem. You should put it on a separate HDD. Program and iso rips. It should fix the issue Smile
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10