Black screen in dragon quest 8
Sorry for my english, i tried to launch DQ8, and had black screen with 60 fps and 2% CPU loading. My settings are GSdx 890(i looked over a lot of various settings), i also tried to launch with ZeroGS), LinuzISO cddvd(with ISO image of DQ8), i switched off all speedhacks, cpu speed improvers etc. My computer is GeForce 8800, 2x3GGz CPU 4 GB memory. I searched this at forum, but all i found is black screen while playing on linux.

Sponsored links

Nobody knows....
1. don't apologize for your bad english unless it's google translator style Wink
2. already tried the latest official betas of pcsx2 and gsdx? and if you're on vista/win7: is it the same on dx9 and dx10?

i tested it (PAL version) on my system, and it runs fine
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I tried it on r1334 version, also on latest versions of gsdx, have windows XP, dx9
What is the difference between PAL and not PAL, how can i distinguish them?
(06-09-2009, 09:16 AM)Reno Wrote: What is the difference between PAL and not PAL, how can i distinguish them?

pal version has subtitles and text in non english languages. voices are still english. a look at the disc or the cover should be enough to answer the second question Wink

it could help to see the output of your console window after starting the emulation of dq8. especially if there are any error messages. is there any difference between starting it with "file -> run cd/dvd" and "run -> execute"? and did you just update your gsdx plugin or the whole package of pcsx2+plugins to the latest beta?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I have solved this problem by downloading 4 more images with DQ8 from different sites, DQ from *snip* works, thank you for your help.
*Sigh* No piracy talk allowed here read our rules.Closed and warned
[Image: newsig.jpg]