Black screen with hardware render
  • Your hardware specs?
    i5-3570k @4Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX760, Windows 10  x64
  • The version of PCSX2?
  • Any non default settings?
    Have tried all preset emulation settings with no change except if VU Cycle Stealing is lower than 1 game runs at 30% after opening cutscene, 100% otherwise.
  • What games you are trying to play?
    Primal, running directly from ISO.
Hi I hope someone has an answer as i've been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours! Primal runs through to menu just fine on default and plays the opening cutscene (FMV) but as soon as it loads the first in-game scene i only see a black screen while in hardware rendering mode (dx9/dx11/oGL). Also once this black screen appears the rate drops from 100% to around 30% or less unless VU Cycle Stealing is set to 1 or more. I've tried switching to software mode which fixes the black screen but the frame rate is poor (though status shows 100%/60fps) and the game runs very slow from that first in-game scene.

I'm confident that if hardware rendering would actually the work the performance would be fine, but software rendering is unfortunately unplayable for me. Is there anything I can do to either get hardware rendering working or make software playable? I've spent a lot of time on software mode fiddling with all the settings to make the game run at normal speed with no stuttering with very little change. Please help!

Sponsored links

It isn't playable at decent speeds currently, there's nothing you can do. You'll have to play it on your PS2 for now.
Oh, guess i should have tried a different game? That sucks i remember playing it a long time ago and wanted to play it again Sad

Thanks for the quick response.
then, back playing on your real PS2console.
no other way for now. sorry.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What cause the black screen? Maybe can be fix with HLE shader ?
HLE shader isn't a magic bullet. It really depends of the game issue.