Blackscreen when running games
Hello.
I configured my PCSX2 following the configuration guide completely, or at least as well as i could. The BIOS files don't have % marks next to them, which i believe means they work?

As soon as i start up the game, i just get a small black screen and the fps counter says i'm running at 60fps with 0% cpu usage. I have it set to run at fullscreen, which is why i'm confused.

I'm using the SSE v3.0 CPU plugin because of my CPU.
My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.1ghz
4gb DDR2-800
Radeon HD 4870
Windows 7

Thanks for any help!.

Sponsored links

are you sure you configured the DVD plugin correctly ?

Please post your plugins config and /or some screenshots
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ghermination Wrote:As soon as i start up the game, i just get a small black screen and the fps counter says i'm running at 60fps with 0% cpu usage. I have it set to run at fullscreen, which is why i'm confused.
Did you check compatybility, maybe this game is marked as nothing? Or did you try several games, and every game gives black screen? Try Linuz CDVD plugin, maybe this will help.
Specifications:
Mainboard: Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
CPU: Quad q9550 2.8ghz @ 3.2ghz
GPU: gtx 260
ram: 2x2gb dual + 2x1gb dual (6gb) 800mhz
Sound: Xonar D2
So i managed to fix the first problem only to run into more of them.
After using the Linuz plugin like you suggested, i'm unable to play any game anyway.
Not only do i get an error that the CD plugin failed to open, but also that the .iso i'm using is invalid.

with other plugin now however i can get it to boot into the PS2 screen, but even with games mounted to the right drive, it won't initialize them.
Not only that, but i'm stuck at a resolution of 640x448. I'll post a SS of my settings.

[Image: settingj.png]

Sorry for my bad english also.
and using your physical DVD & gigahertz DVD plugin ?
Did you try ?
(03-21-2010, 11:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: and using your physical DVD & gigahertz DVD plugin ?
Did you try ?
I don't really have access to DVD discs, as they are quite expensive here (Croatia). I can go out and buy some but i was really hoping there would be an alternative and i could use ISO. :<
It appears that i will just not be able to emulate PS2.
Thanks for the help guys!
Quote: don't really have access to DVD discs, as they are quite expensive here (Croatia). I can go out and buy some but i was really hoping there would be an alternative and i could use ISO. :<

Then that's what we call piracy

read the forum rules, especially rule N°1
Thread closed