Blank or glitchy FMVs
Question 
I've attempted to play Rule of Rose and Silent Hill 2 and having FMV issues.

-Rule of Rose's FMVs don't play at all. The audio plays (very slowed down, I might add), but the intro animations for every chapter and the actual cinematic videos are completely blacked out.
-Silent Hill 2 stretches the video past the bottom of the screen, has scan lines, and the audio plays like a parody of slow motion.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6620 G on a Windows 7 and installed the corresponding plugin (Pete D3D). No idea how to fix this, can someone pleae assist me?

Sponsored links

There is no Pete D3D plugin for PCSX2. You probably (hopefully) mean GSdx. Did you get PCSX2 from our website? Try using a software renderer of GSdx for the videos (F9 to toggle between software and hardware renderer)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Rule of rose movies will play fine in software mode, press F9
Silent Hill 2 uses a strange resolution so the game needs to be in the gsdx crc hacks, make sure you select Gsdx as the GS plugin.
(Pepe D3d? thats a psx emulator plugin)
(06-26-2012, 10:44 PM)Bositman Wrote: There is no Pete D3D plugin for PCSX2. You probably (hopefully) mean GSdx. Did you get PCSX2 from our website? Try using a software renderer of GSdx for the videos (F9 to toggle between software and hardware renderer)

Ugh, my bad, Pete D3D is for ePSXE -_- and yes, I did download GSdx. I will try F9, thank you.

(06-26-2012, 10:46 PM)hyakki Wrote: Rule of rose movies will play fine in software mode, press F9
Silent Hill 2 uses a strange resolution so the game needs to be in the gsdx crc hacks, make sure you select Gsdx as the GS plugin.
(Pepe D3d? thats a psx emulator plugin)
Will try F9, thx.
I have GSdx plugin, but could you please clarify on crc hacks? Do you mean speed hacks? I'm incredibly hesitant to use any, they sound like they'd break my computer.
No PCSX2 option can 'break' your computer. Where did you download GSdx? The latest is always included with the release so you probably got an older one...
(06-27-2012, 01:10 AM)Bositman Wrote: No PCSX2 option can 'break' your computer. Where did you download GSdx? The latest is always included with the release so you probably got an older one...

I downloaded it from here, so I must have downloaded the latest. I mispoke, I read it could break my game. I've seen a lot of warning against using them.
(06-27-2012, 01:10 AM)Bositman Wrote: No PCSX2 option can 'break' your computer. Where did you download GSdx? The latest is always included with the release so you probably got an older one...
I have Gsdx 4600 MSVC 15.00 SSE2 0.1.16 installed.
Yeah 'breaking' your games is very different from 'breaking' your PC Tongue When we talk about games we mean nasty glitches, not actual physical damage.
Tried software mode already? What results did you get with it?
in the pcsx2 console what does it say for the silent hill 2 game CRC? I will check if its in the gsdx crc hacks, unfortunately as of now the only way to add a game to gsdx crc hacks is to compile it yourself or the devs can add it in when they get a chance.
(06-27-2012, 08:02 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah 'breaking' your games is very different from 'breaking' your PC Tongue When we talk about games we mean nasty glitches, not actual physical damage.
Tried software mode already? What results did you get with it?

Software toggle makes RoR videos visible. I switch it off during gameplay for RoR, as it slows the game down to a grinding halt. It has very little affect on SH2 however. The only way I can get SH2 to play at somewhat normal speed is to raise the EE Cyclerate to 2, and even then the audio is very slow and deep.