Blending unit accuracy
in pcsx 1.5.0 dev 2284 i was getting massive fps drops on cutscenes mgs3 subsistance, but once i bumped down blending unit accuracy from high to medium the fps drop stopped and, i could even set higher resolutions and filters, not quite sure whats happening there, didnt find any graphical issues so far.

my specs cpu i5-4440(stock clock) 8gb ddr3 ram gtx960 6gb

Sponsored links

Not a bug report, moved to General Support.

Higher Blending Unit Accuracy settings are known to be substantially slower. The default Blending Unit Accuracy setting is "Basic", and should be good enough for most games, including MGS3.
i just found it weired that once i bumped down to medium i could bump up all other settings and still dont get a slow down
Blending Unit Accuracy is known to be several orders of magnitude more destructive to FPS than a lot of other video settings. That said, there's one little quirk that comes to mind. I don't suppose you're trying to use savestates?
no im using memory card saves, also whats the benefict of using high instead of medium?
(02-10-2018, 08:24 PM)pedrocarneiro14 Wrote: no im using memory card saves, also whats the benefict of using high instead of medium?

Depends on the game. Most don't need it.
#StopRNG
(02-10-2018, 08:24 PM)pedrocarneiro14 Wrote: no im using memory card saves, also whats the benefict of using high instead of medium?
The higher settings improve effects in some games(look the tooltip that appears when the mouse hovers over the Blending Unity Accuracy drop down box for more information).
Is accurate date included in basic blending or does it need to be on high? I hovered the mouse over and it mentioned ed high entends to destination alpha.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go