[Blog] Explanation of why hacks are needed to fix upscaling related glitches
(06-04-2015, 07:45 AM)lyor Wrote: Strange, still can't see them

something is probably blocking anony on your side.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(06-04-2015, 05:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: why no mention of the Forumla which is needed to compute the texture coordinate of pixels, 0.5*(1-alpha) + alpha * 16.5 ?

that would make it even clear for the people on why it fetches Invalid data on the first place and cause some issues. also, you should mention that Invalid data is the cause of the upscaling issues in the article.

Because it is only an example. I found the image more understandable.

Hum, you will notice the french translation of the curve ! Sorry I didn't found better image.

Quote:This is called aliasing - any random value is an alias of the original value.
For example if A is an alias of B, you can refer to B with A. B and A can be used interchangeably. It is the same here, the interpolated value have several possibilities, they're all alias of themselves.

Quote:Primitives have only color information - this is enough for a small surface but not efficient to draw a big surface

When you draw a vertex, you can add the color information. For example you can draw a red vertex, you don't need texture. However if you want to draw lots of details it is faster to compute the colors based on a texture rather that sending thousand of vertex with different colors.
(06-04-2015, 09:11 AM)gregory Wrote: Because it is only an example. I found the image more understandable.

Hum, you will notice the french translation of the curve ! Sorry I didn't found better image.

For example if A is an alias of B, you can refer to B with A. B and A can be used interchangeably. It is the same here, the interpolated value have several possibilities, they're all alias of themselves.

When you draw a vertex, you can add the color information. For example you can draw a red vertex, you don't need texture. However if you want to draw lots of details it is faster to compute the colors based on a texture rather that sending thousand of vertex with different colors.

Yeah I plan to edit the names of those waveforms later. I may not read french but they are basic waveforms that anyone who has basically ever worked in signal processing would know the names of Smile

Edit: Done
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-04-2015, 05:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: that would make it even clear for the people on why it fetches Invalid data on the first place and cause some issues. also, you should mention that Invalid data is the cause of the upscaling issues in the article.

Keep in mind this is all a direct rewrite of what Gregory wrote - everything he wrote is here and nothing he didn't. I figure he knows best after all.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I changed images from Anony (which blocks some countries) to Imgur so now there should be no more problems.
Thanks blyss
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Interesting read, even though I only understand roughly 50%. I the way you write makes clear it's second nature to you.

Easy on the smileys though, kinda distracting.
(06-08-2015, 12:07 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: Interesting read, even though I only understand roughly 50%. I the way you write makes clear it's second nature to you.

Easy on the smileys though, kinda distracting.

I didn't write it. I don't understand it. Tongue2

It was written by the guy who did the work(Gregory) but his native language is not English so I did the proofreading. It still says exactly what he wrote though.