Blood Omen 2 = Unable to proceed with game !!!
Have tried both build 9.9.r4873 & Latest r5336
Both with and whitout speedhacks = to no vail !!!

Edit : I have an DX11 compatible card (Radeon 6870) and have used both DX11 hardware and DX9 hardware setting ... and again no fix there !!

Here some pictures to illustrate the one and only exit that seems to be an black hole (into nothingness Laugh)

[Image: 8689965.jpg]
& and an leap of fate into ... !?
[Image: 8690006.jpg]

Also, my cpu Qx4 core is like 3,4gh combined = 14,2 Ghz but pscx2 utilize like 50 - 60 % !!
Now, is there an command line of some sort to boost cpu priority for that app!?

Or will pscx2 just don"t take the hint and will the performance be te same !?

Damn, iam like almost there at full playable speed whitout hacks .. Now if pcsx2 could utilize all of my cores to its fullest extinct that should crank up the FpS ... no!?

My cpu is amd 940 @ 3,4ghz & air-water cooled ...

Any tips / tricks or hints as to how i can boost pscx2 performance by using the full speed of my cpu woud be nice..

cheers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1

Sponsored links

Quote: Also, my cpu Qx4 core is like 3,4gh combined = 14,2 Gh

Thats not how it works.

and that doesn't appear to be a Graphics issue, it appears to be a core issue

your cpu is weak by design
(07-10-2012, 06:50 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Thats not how it works.

and that doesn't appear to be a Graphics issue, it appears to be a core issue

your cpu is weak by design

Do you have anything sensible to say toO?

You call an 4x core a weak cpu !? i beg the differ !
Its not high end but i get between 45 - 60 FPS from that "weak cpu" that uses only half of its full power lol!

Edit: and 40 - 50 whitout speedhack i might add ... !!

Realy, what is your point you are trying to make here ?
Double the cores does not mean double the power. A corei5 at 3,4 Ghz would blow your processor out of the water, just because it's architecture is superior.
Anyway, you should try setting EE and VU clamps to full and/or changing round modes to see if you can get around this (and always load from a memory card save when trying these, not a saved state)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-10-2012, 08:13 AM)Bositman Wrote: Double the cores does not mean double the power. A corei5 at 3,4 Ghz would blow your processor out of the water, just because it's architecture is superior.
Anyway, you should try setting EE and VU clamps to full and/or changing round modes to see if you can get around this (and always load from a memory card save when trying these, not a saved state)

I dont want to start an AMD vs INTEL war here.. Clearly allot of Intel fanatics here onsite judging by the comments i read here !!

But since you mentioned it, i have to have my say too.

You realy belief double cores doesnt mean double power !!!!
Are you deluding yourself , realy honestly !?

Rest asure, i can tell you my current cpu did knocked the lights out of my old athlon64 x2 5000+be in benchmark tests.

So, the one is like twice/double as powerfull as the other one ... is it not ?

And you claim double, quad, or even hexacores doesnt make any difference at all !!!

Also, comparing Icore5 with phenomII 940 is like comparing oranges with apples !!

We are talking about 3gh (stock) vs 3,4gh not to mention type of socket!

Still i get a decent framerate from that cpu of mine only using half of the cpu its power..

So the cpu must have some fight left to handle pcsx2 pretty decent, so don't go there make stupid remarks about my cpu.

Anyway, i pretty much loud alway's from memcard. If i remember correct the same advise goes for ps1 emulator too.

Save states tend to glitch games too for that reason i have read ( correct me if iam wrong).

Tampering with VU, EE setting didnt help at all iam afraid !!

Oh well, the compatiblity list needs to be updated for sure.

The list claims the game is playable = status green, while it should have get the Blue status = ingame glitch/bug/whatever !!!

cheers,
You can see various cpu benchmark results here, Ghz speed isnt everything, Intel cpus have Instruction sets that can optimize code execution (sse,sse2,sse3,ssse3, sse4.1 sse4.2, avx ..etc) AMD have some of these instruction sets but they are poorly implemented.

Here is a benchmark that tests various processors in pcsx2 performance, these results are posted by real forum members and are not altered in anyway.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

back to the subject, have you tried adjusting the clamp and round modes in pcsx2?

Make sure to disable all speed hacks, and restart from a save point.

look in the pcsx2 console, is there any error or warning messages? it could be a bad image.
(07-10-2012, 09:11 AM)hyakki Wrote: You can see various cpu benchmark results here, Ghz speed isnt everything, Intel cpus have Instruction sets that can optimize code execution (sse,sse2,sse3,ssse3, sse4.1 sse4.2, avx ..etc) AMD have some of these instruction sets but they are poorly implemented.

Here is a benchmark that tests various processors, these results are posted by real forum members and are not altered with in anyway.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

back to the subject, have you tried adjusting the clamp and round modes in pcsx2? also make sure to disable all speed hacks, and restart from a save point, is there any error or warning messages in the console? it could be a bad image.

yeah i hear ya, instuctions sets / cpu architecture has some influence too on the performance from the cpu in question.

Hence phenom in the beginning (perfect example), then amd got smarter and invented Phenom II .. both pretty much same speeds and same socket AM2/AM2+ compatible if i recall correct but with more Level1 & 2 cache size for starters.
And there lies the catch in purchasing an cpu , i know all to well.

But surely, i have yet to see a cpu with twice/double or even 1,2x the speed as his counterpart and still loosing from it in a benchmark contest !!
Regardless of whatever architecture / tweaks the manufacturer have applied!!

Anyway, as i stated in my initial post. I alway's have load from memcard, have tried whitout speedhacks, have used different vu /ee settings eg: superVU, Full clamp mode, Extra , extra + signed etc .. to no vail !!

The game is not at fault either because i have tested it on my ps2 console from disc and have had no problems getting past that point !!

One thing though, i see some orange collor in the logs !!? Is that good or bad ?

like i get the following to read in orange color:
Trap exception at 0x00463008
csr.RESET

cheers,
*sigh* You are apparently so ignorant I just have to reply to this, so other n00bs don't see it and take it into account...

(07-10-2012, 08:44 AM)Metagondria Wrote: I dont want to start an AMD vs INTEL war here.. Clearly allot of Intel fanatics here onsite judging by the comments i read here !!

I'm not any kind of fanatic. I used to own an AMD CPU. Intel now is better and cheaper so I prefer them.

Quote:You realy belief double cores doesnt mean double power !!!!
Are you deluding yourself , realy honestly !?

Yes I do. Do you have any idea what threads are, what multi thread coding is or how multi threading works? Do you know what threading overhead is? When you do, come back and we'll talk again.

Quote:Rest asure, i can tell you my current cpu did knocked the lights out of my old athlon64 x2 5000+be in benchmark tests.

So, the one is like twice/double as powerfull as the other one ... is it not ?

Sure, it could even be 3 times as powerful. Doesn't mean it's because it has 4 cores. Architecture and Instructions Per Cycle are key to processor speed (I guess you don't know what either is though...)

Quote:Also, comparing Icore5 with phenomII 940 is like comparing oranges with apples !!

We are talking about 3gh (stock) vs 3,4gh not to mention type of socket!

Read my post. I said if you had an i5 at 3,4 Ghz and your Phenom 2 at 3,4 Ghz, the i5 would be much faster. That is because of a better architecture,higher Instructions Per Cycle and Streaming SIMD Extensions support (SSE) of the i5 compared to the Phenom 2. So while both have 4 cores, they perform very differently, even at the same clockspeed.
Lastly socket has NOTHING to do with performance. It's simply the 'seat' the CPU goes into. That's like saying Pentium 4s have the same performance as Core 2 Duo because some models both used the LGA775 socket...

Quote:So the cpu must have some fight left to handle pcsx2 pretty decent, so don't go there make stupid remarks about my cpu.

I didn't say anything about your CPU, just compared it to an i5. Read people's posts before you switch into mindless troll fanboy mode.

Quote:Oh well, the compatiblity list needs to be updated for sure.

The list claims the game is playable = status green, while it should have get the Blue status = ingame glitch/bug/whatever

The list tested version is 0.9.8 and you tested with two 0.9.9 builds. So you are either blind or dumb.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Quote: But surely, i have yet to see a cpu with twice/double or even 1,2x the speed as his counterpart and still loosing from it in a benchmark contest !!

Netburst vs Pentium M.

Quote: We are talking about 3gh (stock) vs 3,4gh not to mention type of socket!

not withstanding the fact that a Core i7 ad 2.6Ghz punishes a phenom overclocked to 3.5ghz in many scenario's......

Quote: So the cpu must have some fight left to handle pcsx2 pretty decent, so don't go there make stupid remarks about my cpu.

Oh dear, we have a FANATIC here, can't handle truthful commentation about his poor choice of purchase. This forum has a usergroup for that kind of people, its called Banned.
OMG ... i Solved it ..!!

Woud you believe if i told you the game save was to blame for this !!!!

I started an new game and now i pass that part i got stuck before !!?

Is it possible when changing emu settings during gameplay can cause a save file to be corrupt !??

Is this known to happend ?

Better make several game save next time before i change anything in emu setup mids gameplay! !

Thanks to every one who tried to aid me in this difficult time and age.

cheers,