Blue Screen of Death help
I tried to run FFX in version 0.9.6 and after it did the intro glowing light balls and Playstation 2 logo it froze my computer and gave me a blue screen of death.

Any idea why it did that? If more informations is needed then please say so and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored links

Did you overclock your processor? If you did that, then you have to make it stable. Also can be just the temperature, check it with core temp Smile. The emu doesn't give any blue screen of death, bad hardware or drivers do Tongue
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Butz is right
had the same problem
not the emu's fault
go to microsoft forum for answers...
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums
they will give u a probable ans to your bsod...
hdd problem i think because i had this screen over and over or you badly overlock youre cpu
(11-06-2010, 06:44 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Did you overclock your processor? If you did that, then you have to make it stable. Also can be just the temperature, check it with core temp Smile. The emu doesn't give any blue screen of death, bad hardware or drivers do Tongue
Fair enough. It may well have done. I honestly have no idea what overclock means, but one site I got from Google when I just searched it said that can't be done by accident, and as far as I know I haven't done it intentionally.
(11-06-2010, 09:48 AM)Grave Wrote: Butz is right
had the same problem
not the emu's fault
go to microsoft forum for answers...
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums
they will give u a probable ans to your bsod...
Woah, huge forum. I'll have a look thanks.

Yeah overclocking doesn't happen on its' own so if you didn't do it, it's not the reason. With that out of the way, it could be a software or a hardware issue but for sure the cause is not PCSX2, it just makes it trigger Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-06-2010, 05:28 PM)Bositman Wrote: for sure the cause is not PCSX2, it just makes it trigger Wink

Exactly, besides the same thing could happen if you compile a project in visual studio 2008-2010.

PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(11-06-2010, 05:28 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah overclocking doesn't happen on its' own so if you didn't do it, it's not the reason. With that out of the way, it could be a software or a hardware issue but for sure the cause is not PCSX2, it just makes it trigger Wink

So it's just that my computer isn't up to the task. Dayum Sad

Thanks.
You should get your computer checked (or do it yourself, if you can).
An unstable machine is no fun to work with Tongue2