Blue Screen playing Persona 4
I don't know why but whenever I use this emu I get the BSoD, my friend also plays persona 4 on the same emulator but he doesn't get blue screens, my computer is more than capable of running it so I don't really know what it is, i'm running on vista 64 bit if anyone know's if theres something I can do or has had trouble with this aswell please help me. (Would also like to note that I only get the BSoD using the emulator and since stopping I havn't had a single BSoD)
Sad

Editted for rule breaking and stuff..

Sponsored links

downloaded games? read the rules, no talk about downloaded games or bios images.
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
Quote:it might blue screen with other games but I personally havn't downloaded any,
i might be dumb but it seems to me that he is trying to say ( with his poor english, worse than my ) that he actualy didint downloaded games from internet. Or i just maybe dont know the meaning of "i personally haven't downloaded any".

Also, what is this blue screen you are talking about? Is it Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)? If yes then its probably your hardware fault, something could be broken or not copatibile with other hardware, lookup what error code it returns ( shoudl look something like 0x000000001 for example ), write it down and then google it for answers.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
I can play all top end games fine without getting blue screen when this stopped working I switched over to crysis and crysis warhead which i can play great it might of been the drivers i recently updated them when it was required to play Champions Online, i'll have to try playing again and see what happens, cheers for the reply Smile
well i'll stop being an ass and put in my thoughts...
i had a problem where vista 64 was blue screening (yes BSoD) at least once per day
there are 3 things that could cause that in the situation that the OP described...
1. gfx drivers (or whatever drivers he updated recently)
2. system ram. run memtest
3. gfx ram. (this was the problem in my case) some of the ram on my gfx card was bad. I saw this problem on vista because it's graphics heavy (aero). I would also get BSoDs when playing games like crysis too
If it was system ram would I get blue screens playing other games aswell? I only started to get blue screens whilst using the emu, i'm using it atm and havn't blue screened yet so it may have been my drivers being out of date.. I don't update them often. Thanks again
please note that i mentioned the possibility of your graphics card's ram too
Yeah but if it was graphics card's ram I wouldn't be able to play all the graphics heavy games I play atm, I've also noticed that the game's fps is all over the place, ranges from 60 fps which is 100% to well over 300 fps making sound etc really fast I don't know what causes that either Tongue
PCSX2 stresses your system WAY more than any PC game does. It's a hardware fault, either overheating, bad drivers, or dying hardware.
[Image: newsig.jpg]