Blue Screen
Again,

that was my first BSOD on this laptop

hopefully it was a one-off thing

Sponsored links

hopefully, but u never know

blue screens sometimes happen due to driver problems or corrupt windows

if the windows is corrupt, slow and old then you can format and use a stable windows 7 like pro or ultimate and preferably not do windows updates because for some people windows updates causes problems

if it's a driver problem then update your drivers

for now i recommend you switch off c-cleaner and continue things normally for minimum a few months. if the blue screen were to happen again then it will happen in those few months. u need the dump files so u can find the cause of the blue screen and they should not get deleted by c cleaner

don't worry. fixing blue screens is easy once u know the cause. there are many sites and youtube videos that teach u how to handle blue screens and fix them
Given it was out of nowhere and the laptop is fine, I doubt Windows is corrupt. Likely a program just had a bad day.
BSODs are really due to hardware failure or driver problem almost always. Must not be overlooked. Keep in mind that hardly a common program would cause it other than exposing an already existent problem in those.

Still a BSOD is not to be feared, you need to discover what is causing it and do it ASAP.

Windows normally keeps a log of what is happening in the system, what happened this day may be yet there. To reach it open the "Administrative tools" at the Windows control panel and from there go to "Event Viewer".

Once in the event viewer there is a " Windows Logs" in a explorer like folder structure and inside it click "System"

This will bring a panel with what happened and is happening at your system and may have a lot of warnings and informative messages. Filter them out so the log shows only "Errors" and "Critical".

Take note of the codes appearing there and search the Internet for possible solutions, or you can bring them codes here so we can help you to understand what they mean.

You may need to run "Administrative tools" as Administrator, of course.

Remember, the sooner you find what is really going on in your machine and was exposed by PCSX2 (as could be exposed by any other demanding program), the better to solve before something nastier happens.

PS: Don't be surprised if you find lots of "minor" errors and possibly a few critical even after that day and that windows "recovered from" someway without bsodding, but are potential causes of leading to it if the opportunity arises.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(11-12-2012, 12:35 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: This will bring a panel with what happened and is happening at your system and may have a lot of warnings and informative messages. Filter them out so the log shows only "Errors" and "Critical".

Take note of the codes appearing there and search the Internet for possible solutions, or you can bring them codes here so we can help you to understand what they mean.

doing a search on the error codes works, but if the dump files are still on the machine then getting them analyzed is much more efficient. the error codes are stored in the dump files and the software will analyze the codes for you
(11-12-2012, 01:09 PM)solidus Wrote: doing a search on the error codes works, but if the dump files are still on the machine then getting them analyzed is much more efficient. the error codes are stored in the dump files and the software will analyze the codes for you

Right, but let's start with something easier for the OP. Besides, the log might show a lot of things going under the cloth that the dump will not.

PS: Don't get me wrong, the dump is the most useful source to pinpoint what happened to the machine at that exact instant, and as such your advice is sound. The log can show what is happening to the system in the long run and is useful as well and most of times enough to find the issues.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I had once a BSOD with PCSX2 that was caused from bad driver communication with DS3 Tool and my PS3 controller.
Another BSOD you can -sometimes- get with PCSX2 is pushing the internal resolution on GSDX over your card's limmit. Some cards instead of turning back a black screen with audio they will just give a BSOD.
For sure most of the times it's a video, audio or controller driver to blame for it and less frequently but not rare it's a hardware issue like overheat or general hardware failure which means one of the components inside your PC is about to leave this world (like my laptop, did that 5 - 10 times and after something failed inside the mobo. Had it for 6 years, I bet it wasn't because of overheat though something else caused the death)
I found the exact moment my pc blue screened

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 11/8/2012 12:23:52 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010d (0x0000000000000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000001202, 0xfffffa8009487a20). A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 110812-16380-01.

What does this mean?
you'd have to debug the memory dump to find out

Quote: A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP
memory.dmp is the file i wanted u to analyze using the 2 softwares i mentioned earlier but the file got erased by c cleaner Sad

better u do as i said and switch off c cleaner in case the blue screen happens again so the dump files don't get deleted