Bluescreen of Death at random
Oh not good. Hope some savoy member here can help you, but sounds bad
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*

Sponsored links

(04-10-2015, 03:42 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: sfc /scannow is recommended by Microsoft if you have issues like this so I am unsure what you mean by bad. It only checks system files so your data is not in any danger...

Maybe only personnel experience but I had a similar problem as described here

sfc /scannow does not only search for corrupt files but also tries to repair them. If these files are in some broken sectors this might fail. If these files are important for windows your superficial healthy windows gets broken after sfc /scannow... As I said I had exactly this problem. And I think I heard this from others as well... (for sure sfc /scannow is not the origin of the problem but the final bit killing your system...)

to OP:

How is your boot order? Do you automatically start from dvd if it is inserted?
Okay, I'll have to put this on hold a little while. Turns out my technician messed up my hard drives. It's loading from the storage hard drive that has no OS installed on it, and this is somehow making it impossible to use any bios or boot options. So, I can't really do anything at this point, but they've offered to fix it for free and to even jump the repair queue, so I'm pretty happy with them. I was ready to curse them out, but they've done the right thing.

And just as GTA5 is about to unlock...

So I'll let you guys know when I'm able to run Memtest and check my ram. Sorry for this delay, I really appreciate all the help your offering Smile
Loading from a blank hard drive would not stop the BIOS from working.

BIOS is stored in a ROM chip on the motherboard and will load even with no hard drives installed at all.

Unless of course UEFI locking has something to do with that. Unsure if that can happen or not.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
As I've said, I don't know this stuff, but the tech does, so whatever the case is, they'll handle it. Until then, I can't run Memtest.
Well, let me know what ultimately caused this no BIOS situation. I find it confusing, and I have quite a lot of knowledge about this stuff(I went to college for it, and have many years of experience).

Again the only thing that would make sense is if UEFI locking is in place, which can prevent BIOS access until the OS loads or deny it altogether in some cases.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Is that something I can fix myself?
(04-13-2015, 07:59 AM)SabbyNeko Wrote: Is that something I can fix myself?

Well if you have enough knowledge then most likely yes.

However tbh I don't have enough knowledge about your particular problem to be sure of anything. Simply having the drives wrong/out of order would not stop you from getting in the BIOS. I'm not sure if UEFI can do what you are experiencing or not(I learned most of my knowledge long before UEFI existed and have never owned a PC with it, so I don't know much about it)

In my opinion since they offered to fix it for you and let you jump the queue, I'd just wait on that. They mucked it up, so they are responsible for fixing it.

Better that than me making guesses and you doing something you may not be comfortable with and making it worse. Also if it turns out they really messed something up then they will have to fix it, whereas if you/I make it worse they might not.
Yeah, you're right, was worth a try though. Thanks again for all the help guys, I'll be back when this is fixed.
Wow this problem persisted! Finally found out why pc was being odd. Corrupted BIOS. My motherboard actually has a backup BIOS and a button to repair the main BIOS from the back up. BOTH were corrupted. No clue how or why, but it's fixed. Booting like an oiled salamander sliding down a lightning bolt.

BUT I can't test my emulator unil I get home in a week. Such a baffling issue. Hopefully it works now. I would love to finish Shadow Tower Abyss.

Regardless, thanks everyone Smile