Blurry letters *photo included* and question, 2002, Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
VII is roman numerals for 7. The game is from 2002.

The game IS playable.

Notes: PC drivers are fine yadda yadda, good CPU, blah blah blah.
PCSX2 is on "safest" mode, no change in shaders or any other graphical features seems to change the blurry factor.

So I just wanted to ask what causes this and, of course, if it can be fixed. it's also a problem in later RTK games, I believe 8 and 9, or VIII and IX respectively.

Have a look!

The problem is gone in RTK X (10) [sorry, I own the whole PS2 series lol! Last one is 11, which I haven't ISO'd yet]

But instead, for RTK VII and RTK X, there's these weird lines that just shoot from the top of the screen to the bottom. Comments/ideas?
Also, RTK X has this weird blur load. This wasn't the case in older PCSX2 versions. Hm! I'm perhaps too intrigued by this.

Share your thoughts, gurus!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

press F9?
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Testing...
Lines removed from 7, still blurry text.
Nothing on 8
Nothing on 9
10's lines from top to bottom are gone. Back to perfect emulation. Going back to 7 and checking for line removal. Updated.
Try DX9 and DX10/11 hardware. Try a few of those GSdx hacks.
How do I try Direct3d 11 hardware? All the pictures taken with Direct3d 10 hardware. Or maybe I'm not understanding you. direct3d 9 has no changes.

Altered speedhacks/game fixing, turning on several different combos, on and off, no changes.
if ur gpu supports upto DX 10 you will only see direct3D 10 and if ur gpu supports upto DX 11 u will only see Direct3D 11.(no Direct3D 10 in this case)
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Did you try interlacing (F5)?
Yes, you're right, I just looked it up. The Laptop I'm on does NOT support dx 11.
I'm building a new computer now, which will definitely be able to support dx 11, I'll try on that computer.
after I do the F5 thing werchiel is recommending. 1 sec
f5 does not work. Thank you for trying.
Any other ideas? Maybe it's just the way the PCSx2 is designed?
(03-19-2014, 02:51 PM)Penlord Wrote: Yes, you're right, I just looked it up. The Laptop I'm on does NOT support dx 11.
I'm building a new computer now, which will definitely be able to support dx 11, I'll try on that computer.
after I do the F5 thing werchiel is recommending. 1 sec
f5 does not work. Thank you for trying.
Any other ideas? Maybe it's just the way the PCSx2 is designed?

Not really any difference between Dx11 and Dx10 as far as emulation is concerned, so don't go thinking that things will just magically work better Tongue
Thank you Coornio. I'm not surprised. I guess my only conclusion should be that PCSx2 simply doesn't have the feature that the RTK series game designers utilized to make their screen texts.