Bomberman Kart - computer upgrade needed?
Hey all, I'm running the GeForce 7600 GS graphics card and I have 3 GB of DDR2 RAM for running PCSX2. When playing Bomberman Kart, the menus load fine at roughly 60fps, but when there is a "simulation", where the karts are shown and are racing, it slows to just over 20 fps. But my CPU, which is a Pentium D (<-- i think) 2.8 GHz processor, only runs at ~50% at that time (the actual racing). Would anyone happen to know why?
(I'm away from that computer at the moment, so I can only give some of the configs which I remember):

I'm using the default plugins that came with the latest ver of PCSX2, other than LilyPad (0.10.0).
For Graphics:
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: DX9 Hardware (something like that)
Shader: blah 3.0
Interlacing: off
Aspect Ration: 4:3
D3D internal res: 1024, 768

Ticked boxes
NLOOP hack: Grey tick
Texture filtering
Alpha correction (FBA)

Thanks!
Krazy~

Sponsored links

CPU could be a factor, the pentium D's aren't that great. Upgrading to a DX10 video card would also help (if you're under windows vista or 7)
[Image: 2748844.png]
i'm on XP haha, so I guess my comp's beyond saving? :\
Krazy~
Aside from certain 2d games (disgaea) you should expect slow downs on pretty much every PS2 game on that rig unfortunately.

The ram is good, but the CPU and vid card are just not gonna cut it for full speed in many games.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Oh alright. Wacko
So IF I were to get a new laptop, how good of a vid card would I need? (sry i'm only used to geforce, otherwise i can't compare between models) Is the 8600 good enough? Or would i HAVE to go into the 9000's?
Krazy~
I don't know much about laptops, but for a PC, a decent setup would be an Intel Core 2 Duo E7xxx+, an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT, and 2 GB RAM.

However, if you want something powerful at a good price, go for an Intel Core i7 920, Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, and 4 GB RAM.

If you get a new PC, that would be my suggestion. Don't ask me about laptops since, as you may know, laptops are designed for portability not gaming. You can have both, though, if you pay a lot of money.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

(09-26-2009, 10:01 PM)Krazywrath Wrote: Oh alright. Wacko
So IF I were to get a new laptop, how good of a vid card would I need? (sry i'm only used to geforce, otherwise i can't compare between models) Is the 8600 good enough? Or would i HAVE to go into the 9000's?

8600gt is ok if you wanna play with native resolution, go for at least a 9600gt or 8800/9800gt if you want to be able to play with enough quality, dont forget however a strong CPU is a much needed part for speed on PCSX2 as well.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64