Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found
I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem. I spent enough time trying to just get it to the PS2 start up screen... memory cards appear, graphics are fine, and startup runs smoothly. I can do everything except do what it was created to do-- play a game. I am trying it with the compatible Ace Combat 4 disc, and the disc is not being picked up. I suspected it is because of the only RED lettering that appeared... which was exactly: Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found.

I would *really* appreciate if someone knew the solution to this problem... it doesn't seem to happen often, according to the archives of Google.

Sponsored links

make sure your cdvd plugin is pointing to the correct cd drive
*sigh*. Nothing has worked... the only cdvdrom plugin that works for me without instantly shutting down pcsx2 is the CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0. Also, it is pointing to the correct drive, but thanks for the suggestion Jasper.
Well i know the SYSTEM.CNF file is in the root directory of your game so i cant see a reason why it wouldnt find it. does the gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 give you any other errors?

Im guessing you have tried both Run > Execute and File > Run cd/dvd
gigaherz's driver just shuts down pcsx2 when i try File > Run, and with Run > Execute i just get the red screen where it says to insert a playstation 2 format disc. The other driver is the only one that has worked with both... but neither of them run the game. I do not get the SYSTEM.CNF error though when I try Run > Execute with the Gigaherz driver. I'm thoroughly baffled by this.
I think it is because I do not have the right motherboard, and I cannot seem to track down a download for pcsxt2.exe or whatever.
i don't think that has to do with the motherboard and the pcsx2t.exe file is obsolete.
are you trying to run from a cd or from an iso?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I am running it from an original PS2 disc, since I assumed that's what pcsx2 was designed for. I'm just close to giving up at this point though. I'm gonna call it a night for now though.
(03-06-2009, 07:41 AM)Lohengrin Wrote: I am running it from an original PS2 disc, since I assumed that's what pcsx2 was designed for. I'm just close to giving up at this point though. I'm gonna call it a night for now though.

if you're run directly to the dvd drive
Use the Peops CDVD,Gabest CDVD or EFP polling plug-in
using Linuzappz will be invalid.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-06-2009, 06:57 AM)Lohengrin Wrote: gigaherz's driver just shuts down pcsx2 when i try File > Run, and with Run > Execute i just get the red screen where it says to insert a playstation 2 format disc. The other driver is the only one that has worked with both... but neither of them run the game. I do not get the SYSTEM.CNF error though when I try Run > Execute with the Gigaherz driver. I'm thoroughly baffled by this.

Stop using run->execute and use File->Run CD/DVD. Have you read the configuration guide? ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-23.html ) You need to first properly configure your cdvd plugin for it to work.
[Image: newsig.jpg]