Both PC and PCSX2 freeze
Does it freeze at a specific point in the game! Also, did you try turning down your settings and seeing if it still freezes?

Sponsored links

(01-07-2018, 05:35 AM)CK1 Wrote: Does it freeze at a specific point in the game! Also, did you try turning down your settings and seeing if it still freezes?

It freezes only when switching from windowed to full screen, but not always. If I kept playing in full screen the game will run perfectly and with no problems, no freeze. The problem occurs from time to time because I keep window the game to do anything else. When I get back to the windowed game to switch it to full screen, at this moment it may freeze. I am just saying it is a fifty-fifty chance of freezing and it happens in Direct3D 11 HW only. I tried turning my settings down but didn't work.
Ok, are you on the latest AMD drivers, ect?
I uninstalled the GPU driver "Adrenalin Edition" (17.12.1) and actually worked! Tried to ALT+ENTER above 100 times and got no freeze. Is it okay to use the GPU without any GPU driver installed?

(01-07-2018, 06:24 AM)CK1 Wrote: Ok, are you on the latest AMD drivers, ect?
I was. The latest STABLE driver.
The OS will fall back to some sort of driver. I'm sure Windows Update will automatically reinstall an AMD driver. I guess if it works for you and there's no performance loss; you're OK then.
He can also try the 18.1.1 driver that included the D3D fixes. I haven't tested it yet.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5