Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - unreadable text
Let me start by apologizing for asking about this game. I get the sense it's a known "problem game", and maybe I'm a dumbass for wanting to play it. To recap, the problem is that the text renders at irregular letter widths, and with overlapping lines, making the text unreadable in several parts. In battles, for example, the HP and AP numbers are indecipherable; and in-game menus are hopeless.

I followed the advice on the wiki page, and I run the game with texture offsets at 500-500, but to no results. The wiki page also suggests using the Align Sprite hack, but it's grayed out in newer versions of PCSX2.

I did a search for forum posts on this game, and attempted the advice given in threads over the last 10+ years, but to no avail.

I followed the advice offered in various forum posts, to run in software mode. Again, absolutely no difference: the text stays the same.

Other advice I've read is to use the Wild Arms Hack. That box, however, is grayed out for me, and I don't see how to access it.

If it helps:
I'm running PCSX2 1.6.0
My processor is Intel Core i5-7200U
My OS Windows 10 Pro

Sponsored links

Can you please screenshot your problem ?
Tried latest Dev builds ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are you using anykind of upscaling or anti-ailasing? maybe the anti-aliasing might smidge out the text or something. I don't think it will however.

This is just a blind guess by the way.