Breath of fire 5 Save problem
"Okay, *never* save something to your memory card and then load an emulator savestate."
Thats not what im doing. Im loading the game from the memory card first, NOT saving something to the memory card then using loadstates.

"I forgot whether the game has a temporary save option but if it does, use that."
It does, and it doesnt work because it cant find the save in the memory card. It requires the normal save file to be created.

From my tests here, the problem indeed is the savestate, but this function doesnt work regardless of the time you use it.
Savestates CANT be used in this game.

Sponsored links

I use save states in the game (cheating my way to 1/4 Tongue) and so far it's been no issue. I am even rapidly loading savestates and it's working.

Not saying it's not the issue, Just saying you CAN use save states.

If the issue is that you need a valid save i have one i can send you. Not very far though. Only a few hours in, But it may be just enough to clear the issue?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Dammit, have no idea whats the issue then.
Theres no need for the save game, ive given up already, thanks anyway.
Start from removing the emulator from the "accursed" C:\Program Files... reinstall it on let's say C:\PCSX2 or C:\Emulators\PCSX2 and we can actually start trying to find a cause for a possible issue... for now it being on C:\Program Files (x86) is an issue already.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-09-2013, 11:03 PM)rama Wrote: Okay, *never* save something to your memory card and then load an emulator savestate.
The game will all of a sudden be presented with unexpected data, the behaviour is random.
We try to protect from the worst of it by virtually plugging out the memory card, then reinserting after a couple
more accesses. You will see "no Memory Card present" messages then.
To fix your problem you need to reload from a valid Memory Card save.
I forgot whether the game has a temporary save option but if it does, use that.

Oh, that thing happened when i was playing monster hunter. no matter what i did it just wouldn't detect the memory card, so i ended up losing a ton of gameplay hours.
Experienced this and found a solution Cool. Here is what I've done.

1. On PCSX2 emulator, from Memory Card Manager, Insert New Memory Card.
2. Run BOF5 ISO, on its Welcome Screen create a new game and save a game.
3. Restart the ISO or back to the BOF 5 Welcome screen, you should see your save file in memory card(slot 1), then back to Welcome Screen and press Escape(keyboard button).
4. On PCSX2 emulator, from Memory Card Manager, Insert the Memory Card(the one with your old file/corrupted saved of BOF 5).
5. Run the BOF 5 ISO or resume, you should be on the BOF 5 welcome screen and press continue. You should be able to see your saved game and continue, don't forget to save game file.

Don't know if you can skip #2 and #3 but that's it, it works for me. Tell me if it works with you guys. Happy gaming!Ninja
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go