Breath of fire 5 Save problem
Hi, ive playing Breath of Fire 5 and now im trying to do a save restore/restart but the game cant find the memory card/save.

I can load the save just fine but for some reason it doesnt allow me to use it.
Is there a way to fix this?

Sponsored links

(12-09-2013, 09:57 PM)RGX02 Wrote: I can load the save just fine but for some reason it doesnt allow me to use it.
Is there a way to fix this?

What do you mean you can load it but can't use it?

I don't understand.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
can you please post the emulog.txt after you get the problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-09-2013, 09:58 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: What do you mean you can load it but can't use it?

I don't understand.
For example, i saved in the beginning of the game. I turn off the game, load the save file and go about my business.
Now if i try to do a Sol: Restart or Sol: Restore, it says the save file could not be found.
Im having to rely on save states, but in this game it isnnt so good.

(12-09-2013, 09:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please post the emulog.txt after you get the problem ?
Attached.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 3,8 KB / Downloads: 443)
(12-09-2013, 10:13 PM)RGX02 Wrote: For example, i saved in the beginning of the game. I turn off the game, load the save file and go about my business.
Now if i try to do a Sol: Restart or Sol: Restore, it says the save file could not be found.

How do i do post a file here?

Hmm... interesting.

edit: nvm on how to attach a file, I see you did it.

No idea... even after looking at the log.

I'll defer to the "big guys" on this one, sorry I couldn't help.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-09-2013, 10:13 PM)RGX02 Wrote: For example, i saved in the beginning of the game. I turn off the game, load the save file and go about my business.
Im having to rely on save states, but in this game it isnnt so good.

Attached.

that's likely to happen when you use savestates.
if you load your game from memcard without using savestates, it should work fine.
(12-09-2013, 10:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's likely to happen when you use savestates.
if you load your game from memcard without using savestates, it should work fine.
Its weird, this is the first time such a thing has happened in all the games i played.
Also, if i try to do a quick save after i load a save state the save just disappears.

The message the game gives me is, "The save date when you began the game could not be found"
I couldn't explain exactly why it happens, but even if savestates are an interesting feature, they are known to cause this kind of problem.
that's why we often advise not to solely rely on them.
Okay, *never* save something to your memory card and then load an emulator savestate.
The game will all of a sudden be presented with unexpected data, the behaviour is random.
We try to protect from the worst of it by virtually plugging out the memory card, then reinserting after a couple
more accesses. You will see "no Memory Card present" messages then.
To fix your problem you need to reload from a valid Memory Card save.
I forgot whether the game has a temporary save option but if it does, use that.
I almost suggested save states being the problem. I guess I should have.