Broken sound: ChoroQ
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78z3vaec8rjnjc...nd-bug.zip

Video of how the audio glitches in the zip link. I'd like to note that this did not happen before, it started after i used the git builds; this does not mean however that the bug originated somewhere during the git commits, it could have been earlier than that as i haven't touched the game in a while.

I will keep looking to see when it broke, but if you already know what could be the cause, let me know.

Sponsored links

Maybe the change to portaudio? What happens if you change to directsound?
(05-03-2014, 11:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: Maybe the change to portaudio? What happens if you change to directsound?

Tried different mixers, interpolation and other settings, non make a difference. Which it's very odd. Whatever it is, it's seems core-borked.

ZeroSPU2 plays this almost perfectly, except for a few times where it appears to trash out with sync issues (fixed if time-scaling is turned off)
This sounds (and looks) like the game is running too slow. Is it doing full speed normally?
(05-04-2014, 12:34 AM)rama Wrote: This sounds (and looks) like the game is running too slow. Is it doing full speed normally?

Perfectly normal, can go well above 120 when unlimited.
Maybe you didn't notice right away, but the animation is pretty smooth, and the audio isn't slowed down, it just misses parts for no good reason like someone plays with the start and pause buttons of each instrument at random.

I also note that this is not a side-effect of any speedhacks or cheats.
I've ascertained that the latest buildbot commit does indeed work flawlessly with this game, which means that whatever broke the audio in this game was something fudged after switching to git. Any ideas?
Not particularly, no. Could you try the last build bot (SVN you mean, right?) revision a few more times?
It might happen randomly.
(05-04-2014, 08:40 PM)rama Wrote: Not particularly, no. Could you try the last build bot (SVN you mean, right?) revision a few more times?
It might happen randomly.

I did actually, and it runs fine each time. Unlike the git version which also consistently runs but garbled sounds.

If anyone has different git versions of the sound plugin i can test each and every one until i find where it broke.
(05-04-2014, 08:56 PM)Coornio Wrote: I did actually, and it runs fine each time. Unlike the git version which also consistently runs but garbled sounds.

If anyone has different git versions of the sound plugin i can test each and every one until i find where it broke.

So what's the latest version/date which works well, and what's the first (which you confirmed) that doesn't?

IIRC there were no SPU2-X commits since the move to git, but if you give us a dates range it could help.

Also, did you try with ZeroSPU2? if it's not available at the latest builds then try the plugin from pcsx2 1.1 or 1.0.

Also, try the SPU2-X plugin from a version which works, but with latest pcsx2 - if it still fails, then maybe the issue is with pcsx2 and not with the plugin.
(05-05-2014, 12:17 AM)avih Wrote: So what's the latest version/date which works well, and what's the first (which you confirmed) that doesn't?

IIRC there were no SPU2-X commits since the move to git, but if you give us a dates range it could help.

Latest SVN buildbot version works, 29 april blyss' build doesn't work. If there have been no SPU2-X changes in the meantime, what are the odds the bug is unrelated to the sound plugin but the emulator itself? I'll test this theory regardless right away.