Budokai Tenkaichi 2
anyone have any idea how "heavy" this game is? ive played around with some settings and havent quite gotten it full speed yet, though i cant remember if ive tried native res yet.

i read in the games that dont need a stong CPU thread that budokai 3 isnt too heavy, but how much of a difference does the more 3d style of the budokai tenkaichi engine make?

also other than lowering the resolution, and ideas to help speed it up (i usually have all recommended speedhacks on, with EE at 2 and VU at 1) that i may have overlooked?
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

Whole Budokai Tenkaichi series got a great speedup from gif transfer rewrite soo any new SVN build should work around 30% faster for it. (if CPU was a bottleneck) Also PAL version of this series goes around 20% faster than NTSC.(also counts for CPU) I can play all of those at underclocked AMD @2.3ghz per core in full speed without much problems with just recommended speedhacks(without new MTVU), soo yea it is non demanding game or soo I would say having pal version. BT3 is even less demanding.Tongue And actually BT is less demanding game than Budokai 2/3/IW(Through in those MTVU speedhack can double fps on 3core+ cpu's).

It needs pretty decent GPU through and your GPU will not run it with any decent speed at higher res. Maybe 2x native max, maybe even less(still you can set a custom res around 720x720 or alike and will not really look soo bad on laptop monitor;]). Also this game seems to love "Allow 8-bit textures" option and DX10(in dx9 OR without that option the speed is like halved at least on AMD GPU). No speedhacks will really help your GPU soo you can simply forget about speeding it up while trying to play at high internal res.
sweet, sounds good. ill probably try it with 1366x768, since that is above native yet not quite 2x if im not mistaken?
Depends what's your nativeTongue. In PAL native res of this game is 512x512 x 2 = 1024x1024 soo your custom res is about same(a bit bigger even) as x2 just with different ratio.
hmm true lol ill play around with it if native is a little too low for me Smile