[Bug] Graphic issue in Timesplitters Future Perfect
Hi folks,

Since yesterday, I desperately try to get rid of some annoying graphic artifacts that randomly occur in the bottom half of the screen when playing Timesplitters Future Perfect. They only appear in game (arcade mode, history mode, etc.), i.e. not in the menu. They can also take various colors (white, orange, blue, etc.). The problem I meet is illustrated in the picture below.

Before posting this thread, I obviously made some researches and I have noticed that this problem is already known but does not seem to occur in the same flavour/frequency. It's why I do rise this issue. Maybe I will be lucky enough to receive new advices that could help eradicating, or limiting, these artifacts.

Currently, there are what I have attempted in order to solve this issue :

1) Three GS different versions have been tested, including the latest unstable release (you may see in the below picture that my last test has used GSdx 5752). Basically I have also tried both GSdx 4600, the standard plugin of PCSX2 0.9.8, and GSdx 5334 which is provided with PCSX2 1.0.0.

2) I have launched the game with both DirectX9 and DirectX11

3) I have also modified several parameters like "Allow 8 bits textures", "speedhacks", "MicroV", even "synchronized MTGS".

4) Finally, some HW hacks have been activated such like "Alpha", "Skipdaw" and a newest option "Alpha Stencil"

Notice that I have also started Timesplitters in software mode and it aggressively decreases the FPS rate. It's impractical this way.

Sincerely, I will be grateful to anyone being able to solve this issue. Timesplitters Future Perfect is a great game, it shouldn't be forgotten Sad

BTW, here is some elements from my config. It seems sufficient to play TSFP around 50 FPS :

NVidia GeForce GT640M LE
Intel Quad Core i7-3520M @2.90 GHz
Windows 7 Pro

[Image: 1385378176-timesplittersfp.png]

[attachment=46835]

Sponsored links

tried software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-25-2013, 01:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tried software mode ?

Heresa Wrote:Notice that I have also started Timesplitters in software mode and it aggressively decreases the FPS rate. It's impractical this way."
Do you have the PAL or NTSC version? Seems to me that you're french and you might have a PAL version...

Only the NTSC version is listed as playable. So maybe that's the reason that it appeared differently for you than for others.

Still you found out that this is a problem with the GS-plugin. There was no change in the last versions. There is no change using the amount of options of the gs-plugin. Seems to be a dead-end. You can try the ZeroGS-plugin and might have more luck.

If this doesn't help you need to play on your ps2 or with these glitches in hardware-mode or slow in software-mode.
Ok, since it works in software mode, it´s not a valid bug report.
Ok, firstly, thanks for your answers.

I have finally resolved this issue (even if the version is PAL). As mentioned, GSdx must be replaced. To do so, I have choosen a version of "GSdx Cutie" (r5726). Then, some additional HW hacks must be activated. I have figured out that the most important parameters to change is "SkipTex".

Precisely, "Skiptex = 1" makes most of the glitches disappear. However, the large, white, glitch that commonly occurs in the story mode can only be removed letting "Skiptex = 2". Sometimes, checking "SkipPostProcessing"also helps.

Note that some others parameters related to GSDx Cutie should be changed to enhance graphics (for instance, the "original" mode might be preferred over the "cutie" one).

I hope this will help Timesplitters fans Biggrin
You don't need another GPU plugin. The only work-around for this problem in HW mode was to use Skipdraw for now. I have this game and it's the only way anyone has ever found to do this.

Also this forum doesn't give support for unofficial plugins and builds of PCSX2.
oh well, if he found a way, since it's something we don't suppoirt, I guess the case is closed.