[Bug Report] Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II [NTSC-U (US)]
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2-QT 1.75572

# CPU options:    

# Plugins used: I have no idea what it is and where it is written and I have read your "Read first: How to use this forum, read BEFORE posting!" Your example show "GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5334 (hardware and software, dx10), SPU2-X v2 rev 5324" but I'm unable to see something similar anywhere... I'm completely clueless Unsure

# Description: I have problems with the saves. I use 4 saves in game and 3 saves with PCSX. When I save in game, the written date and time are wrong, which is a first problem, and the second problem, some time I load a game and everything is fine, but some time I load my game and the memcard load a super old save I made hours ago when it's supposed to be overwritten many times with many new saves over it.

My PCSX saves seem to work fine. I had some difficulties with them too but I saw the cause of it. I wasn't seeing the "failed to save because the memcard is in use". I have to wait a couple sec. after an in game save, before doing a PCSX save. (consider changing the "failed" word font for a red one to make it much flashier). Maybe the cause of the problem is right there. Why not make the PCSX saves go in a file and the in game saves in the memcard?

And btw, to make my account I had to answer 2023 to the question "which year is it" and I wasn't able to use my email on tutanota.com... Why is tutanota banned !? 

Edit :
Also, I didn't said it earlier because I know I'm using this toaster :

I7-2600 (2011)
Radeon RX 560 (2016)

But some areas has very huge FPS drops. I tried changing pretty much every settings and my graphic card is just too old.

I made screenshots of my graphic settings. I tested a couple things and these give me the best results for my FPS and the look of the game. My graphic card, if not up to date, have just 1-2 months old drivers.

Sponsored links

(02-22-2024, 12:04 PM)DestrockQc Wrote: Why not make the PCSX saves go in a file and the in game saves in the memcard?

that's exactly what it actually does.
what you call "pcsx saves" are savestates, i guess ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-22-2024, 12:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's exactly what it actually does.
what you call "pcsx saves" are savestates, i guess ?

Save states yes. If they are on 2 different files, why do we need to wait then ? I could do a save state right in middle of an in game save like with other emulators.
(02-22-2024, 12:32 PM)DestrockQc Wrote: Save states yes. If they are on 2 different files, why do we need to wait then ? I could do a save state right in middle of an in game save like with other emulators.

Other ps2 emulators do this ?
ps2, no idea, but many other console emulators, yes.
if they don't work like a PS2, it's an irrelevant comparison.
the idea of waiting is mostly to limit savestate corruption, or avoid memcard corruption (saving similar data on 2 files at the same time may lead to a conflicting process if one is locked by another)
I added an edit to my first post because I was unable to upload images during a reply and not allowed to put imgur links. I also have huge FPS drop but it's "normal" for an amulator. My graphic card is probably just too old...
highly possible.
Snowblind engine can be kinda harsh on the gpu