[Bug Report] CPU Detection
A minor bug, but still a bug: PCSX2 doesn't seem to detect my CPU's features properly. I've an Intel Q9550 and it detects MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 but not SSE4.1. However, when I select the SSE 4.1 graphics plugin, it works fine as you'd expect since this CPU does indeed support SSE 4.1.

As I said, minor since it doesn't prevent usage in any way, you may just wish to review your CPU detection code.

Sponsored links

Hmm that's really fascinating since it manages to detect SSE4.1 fine here on my Q9400. Anyone else with a Q9550 having problems with SSE4.1 detection?
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
i have q6600 and emu dont recognize ss4.1 too
the q6600 doesnt have sse4.1 thats why only the core 2 Q/E8#00 chips and up have SSE4.1 (iirc)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

heh but im playing on sse4.1 (gsdx 890) without any bugs or crashes, dunno why
Q6600 definitely does not have SSE 4.1, according to Intel spec. Not sure how/why Gsdx works fine on it.

Q9550 is a very different matter, however. Wink

Sycraft: If you can, please download and run CPU-Z and see what it reports. Thanks.
Ok now, this bug report does not conforms to our guidelines. That said..

Q9550 sse4.1 detection works fine over here and we never had another report like this. I would say that you have some different problem. Sorry for the question but, are you sure you have a q9550?

So if you want us to look at this issue, do this
1) edit your first post with at least the version of pcsx2 you used
2) make me a screenshot. put in there the latest pcsx2 beta running with the problem displayed, and cpu-z open at the same time. You can get it from here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
Sycraft Wrote:However, when I select the SSE 4.1 graphics plugin, it works fine as you'd expect since this CPU does indeed support SSE 4.1.

If it works fine then there is no Problem in PCSX2.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
The warrior, when you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.

He reported a bug and we want to check out if the bug is there or not. Period.
(04-29-2009, 10:45 AM)Sucz666 Wrote: heh but im playing on sse4.1 (gsdx 890) without any bugs or crashes, dunno why

I doubt that..

It hasn't got it.

Run CPUZ and check on "Instructions"
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.