[Bug Report] Clock Tower 3 [All versions]
CLock Tower 3 (NTSC-U) bug

I'm running Clock tower 3 on revision 3876 and encounter this bug, in the very beginning of the the game in NANCY'S Room
All hacks, and microvu are set to default, nothing is hacked or sped up.
PLugins: Default that came with beta, even loaded last revisions plugins; same result.

Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [44]

It consistently, spams and causes bad graphics.

What happens is the screen goes black and serious screen tearing occurs.

I have tried this with everything disabled, and since clock tower 3 is probably the best emulated game for processors; it seems to be running at full speed anyways.

I then tried this on the older beta, 3113 and this error does not happen even when the saves are proted by memory cards.

I'm not sure if this is a graphic bug, processor bug or whatever.

Sponsored links

Eh you didn't follow the format for bug reports bug yeah broke in r3632.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If it helps any, I made a MDF image of clock tower 3.
[Bug Report] Clock Tower 3 [PAL]

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 3878, Official v0.9.7 release
# CPU options: all deafult, i.e. out of the box
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 r3693 (hardware and software, dx10 and dx9), ZeroGS 0.9.7 r3878, spu2-x-r3878
# Description: I've read that the following happens to the NTSC version, too, tho' I've tried it with my PAL version: The game runs correctly (if we count out the flickering in the cutscenes caused by gsdx) until Alyssa tries to enter Nancy's, her mum's, bedroom on the 2nd floor (or the first floor in Europe), and only in this case so far. Hardware mode causes a black screen with some artifacts, but the emulation still runs. Software mode causes graphic 'deviation' (in lack of a better description) with only the basic textures rendered, and the emulation still runs, too. In software mode, I can continue walking around different rooms with the 'basic textures' glitch now in every room until a cutscene occurs, after which the graphics get fixed until going to the bedroom again.
It was working in PCSX2 v0.9.7 beta3113.

Of course, no speed hacks Smile
p.s. Hope it wasn't too long a report!
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.
Hmm tried suspending and resuming emulation after the glitch happens?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yep, resuming results in no changes! Also, if a save state from the memory card is loaded, the textures are corrected again (after resetting the emulation or loading a pcsx2 save state previous to the glitch), I imported the saves from the previous beta, will play and see if the glitch appears in some other part of the game too!
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
Even more useful would be if you can check if it's a GSdx bug or a PCSX2 core bug, by using the previous beta's GSdx on the newer one or vice versa and checking if the bug persists.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Same issue and it's for even the NTSC-J version, refraction took a look at it and... that's as far as I remember Tongue2
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Clock-Tower-3-NTSC-U

Hmmm... merged threads.
(11-05-2010, 02:42 AM)Bositman Wrote: Even more useful would be if you can check if it's a GSdx bug or a PCSX2 core bug, by using the previous beta's GSdx on the newer one or vice versa and checking if the bug persists.

Seems like a core bug! The previous beta GSdx changes nothing. The bug stays with the old GSdx in the new Beta 3878!
Here's another door with the same bug: the door that the worker's key open in stage 3!
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
Ehr yeah, it's not the doors, you can stand in a room where the camera moves and start going left and right and it will change too eventually.

Here's what refraction said about it in a later revision, so it's being looked into I guess.
Quote:Ive looked at that, its some freaky timing thing (from what i can tell so far)
making Vif MFIFO quicker seems to sort it..