[Bug Report] Dark Cloud [NTSC-U]
I hope this qualifies as a bug, but it's only minor.

# PCSX2 version: official r4600 0.9.8 release.
# Description: Game is identified incorrectly as "Dead or Alive 2 - Hardcore (NTSC-J)" in the console. See the picture below. Resetting the game or emu does not yield any results.

[Image: dark_cloud_read.png]

Sponsored links

Can you post the emulog.txt file or the full content of the console window when you load that game?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
What is displayed is the name you gave to the ISO, probably when ripping the original... let's say put the wrong disk when wanting to rip the Dark Cloud.

The real identifier is provided internally by the game and is in the form of BASLUS- to US games, BESLES- to European and so on. Importantly too by the CRC which is used to identify the game for the patching and cheating.
Imagination is where we are truly real
This is the link to the log, with EE, IOP and EErec logging. I hope mediafire is no problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?88dj1mwthz42gv9
(05-13-2011, 02:50 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What is displayed is the name you gave to the ISO, probably when ripping the original... let's say put the wrong disk when wanting to rip the Dark Cloud.

Tell the truth, i didn't rip this game from an original disk. I'll refrain from talking about where i got the copy, but let me tell you that it has been working without any problems (even after doing the NTSC only glitches that could freeze the game), except for a couple of places where the textures show a black box near letter, such as the save screen.
Well, slps-25026 is indeed the identifier for dead or alive, but the fate of this thread is outside my hands now.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-13-2011, 02:50 PM)Coornio Wrote: Tell the truth, i didn't rip this game from an original disk.

That's the problem, you never know what's been modified so the game shows up like that.

Not a valid bug report, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Edit: Yea, that's a bootleg. "Dead or Alive 2" is a common identifier for bootleg copies.