[Bug Report] .Dot Hack//GU Vol 3
# PCSX2 beta 1059
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0, vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Gsdx 1006 0.1.15 SSSE3, spu2-x 1.1.0, Linuz 0.8.0
# BIOS US V2.0
# No Speedhacks
# Description: When starting a battle, just before attacking, the game crashes.

The game just crashes with an error like this one:

(EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0xc947e7ed [load]
(EE) PC: 0x0019d488 Cycle: 0xd961a99f

addr, PC and Cycle can vary... Tongue2

If I disable EE, the game obviously doesn't crash.

Seems enabling the 2x cycle rate aleviates the bug a bit... But I just won a battle, and that same error appears before the victory stuff...
I tried every EE recs options in the advanced settings, the crash still appears.

EDIT: All right, seems like, depending on settings, the crash is random. But it randomizes only if I activate any speedhack. Without any speedhack, it happens just in a battle before attacking. And yes, the same lines in the emulog :x

Too bad, because it seems the game is running faster now Tongue2

Sponsored links

Please clarify: The crash does not happen when the EE interpreter is used? Is that what you mean when you say it does not crash when the EE is "disabled" ?

If so, that is likely indicative of an obscure bug in the recompiler. The rather random address junk you're getting is as well (usually only a recompiler bug could cause such a completely off-the-charts value like that).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Yep, that's exactly what I meant, the game doesn't crash if I disable the EE recompiler.
I'm so sorry for my bad english. i just wanna try to help.
this game didn't have the same crash in pcsx2 rev 984.
in rev 987 and up it crash.(i didn't test 985 and 986).
i hope that will help to hunt the bug.
thanks.
i hope i can help more but i have hard time to online as my internet speed make me crazy...(12 Kb/s).
*REMOVED*
haveyou guys tried ZeroSPU2? I haven't crashed with that on vol 1 or 2 (I didn't get to 3 yet)
I haven't but I really doubt is the SPU plugin, the reported error has to do with the EE rec. That, and I've already completed the three games in 0.9.6 without a crash, using SPU2-X.

I'll try later anyways.
(04-27-2009, 06:28 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: I haven't but I really doubt is the SPU plugin, the reported error has to do with the EE rec. That, and I've already completed the three games in 0.9.6 without a crash, using SPU2-X.

I'll try later anyways.
I had issues in vol 2 with videos crashing due to spu, so I thoght I'd throw outthe suggestion
An update on this.

First, some plugin changing (actually only GSDX). Now I'm using gsdx rev.1250 in dx10, etc...
Everything else, all the same.

On rev. 1255, the game won't crash if you set the VU Stealing hack to middle (--|--). Anything lower causes the game to crash, a speedhacks that actually fixes a game, go figure Tongue2. Do not use any other hack, as the game will get slower.

However, due to this game not having an in-game frame skip, it gets unbearabily slow on some parts.

Changing advanced settings still doesn't help at all. Round mode settings, well, they only differ at speed, nothing else. Clamp modes only affect some phisics in the game. FTZ and DAZ on both recs are the same as round mode, activated or deactivated, it only differs at speed. As before, running in interpreter mode (ee off) these crashes won't happen.

The crash keeps happening with the same random ee tlb miss errors.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: @Saiki: No, using another plugin for audio didn't change things. All the same Tongue2.
looks like I gotta wait till I get to V3 then to see how I pass it myself Angry (I don't usually use interpreter, it's majorly slow for me)
It's not ideal to use Interpreter mode, I'm saying it just to let the devs know what's going on. You can play the three games in 0.9.6 stable, so you're able to play all of them. On last revision, though, it's possible to finish them all (i think), but it's far from being as enjoyable as in later versions, and a hack fixing a game, AFAIK, is not something the devs are looking for, the game should work with no hacks selected.