[Bug Report] FFX thunder plains ramdom freeze BUG
i've only met those 3 specific monster during my encounters and the game just freezes. did not meet any other monsters.

Sponsored links

i tried it on an older version (r3113), it works, thks a lot for ur help.
(01-27-2011, 02:35 PM)artemis Wrote: i've only met those 3 specific monster during my encounters and the game just freezes. did not meet any other monsters.

I have had this occur with every monster combo that contains either the one-eyed monster or the floating wizard one. This most recent time when it happened I switched to Default Cycle Rate and unchecked INTC Sync Hack, as well as ZeroGS Kosmos 0.97.0 with the default settings, and it worked. I was worried because I hadn't saved since djose area when collecting jecht spheres and right when I hit save state it decided to start a battle, so whenever I loaded the save state it instantly went into the stuck battle. But I was able to fix it, as said above.
Sorry dude, can't help you here. I've read about this "bug" that it is not a cause of pcsx2 but is a cause of a screwed up ripped version of FFX. International (pal) version has no issue with this, and my real copy has no issue at all. Playing on a

Latest official beta 0.9.7

CPU: Core i5 2500k
GPU: gtx 560 ti

Settings:

Everything default except:
-Using SuperVu instead of MicroVu
Speed Hack:
-EE cyclerate at 1
-Enable INTC
-Enable Wait Loop
All the rest are disabled or not checked.
No game fixes as I used autofix from main menu.

All of that worked fine. In fact, I even tested this "bug" when I was dodging Thunders all day. (In case you wanted to know, I got to 52 consecutive dodges and got hit because after a fight, it flashed lol)

wear something for no encounters.. i forgot this bug just now and figured i'd go back to FFX after a while away from it, figured i'd try and defeat all the dark aeons.. captured a whole bunch of stuff without saving and then that problem in thunderplains.. boo!

I don't think it's anything to do with the rip of FFX, I've got the CD and my backup from it on my pc just froze. lame.
dont mean to bump an old thread again **

But im having this same issue... I've tried everything I could see.. it seems to be happening with any moster combo that I encounter... i tried changing the party formation around a few times too....

I have also tried R3113 but It wont seem to recognize my ss's and memcards

Please help Sad Sad
change the clamping modes to full
nope, still no luck

I'd like to try an older release of the emulator but it wont detect my memcards or save states.. not sure why
Did you try the latest SVN version yet? I remember refraction working on the SIF problem.
(10-22-2011, 12:06 AM)rama Wrote: Did you try the latest SVN version yet? I remember refraction working on the SIF problem.

I have the latest build, but I cannot try due to it not wanting to load my saves from either save state or memcard, I'm not sure why I have the right directory selected

Edit : I have now got my save working with v0.9.8 and this problem seems to be resolved.

My battles are still hanging but only for a few seconds before kicking in, in all that's great news Smile
will keep posted if status changes

cheers