[Bug Report] FFX thunder plains ramdom freeze BUG
getting the latest beta fixed all the freeze bugs for me that only happend once at the al bhed attack cutscene

Sponsored links

(07-15-2009, 10:40 AM)Raizen Wrote: getting the latest beta fixed all the freeze bugs for me that only happend once at the al bhed attack cutscene

We are not talking about the cutscene freezes but the soft freezes with certain battles in the Thunderplains area,where the battle starts but no action bars show
[Image: newsig.jpg]
FWIW, I had the same issue with 0.9.6 - I had a save state in the thunder plains and it would always enter the next battle with the animation/music playing but with no actions. I landed here when I was googling for some solutions. I'm on Linux so I've tried both ZeroGS (the version packaged with 0.9.6) and ZZogl (linked off a thread on emuforums, iirc).

Pulling into the menu and changing the formation of characters (I changed them from Rikku/Kimahri/Yuna -> Rikku/Kimahri/Wakka) seemed to 'fix' it. I've noticed that changing formation of characters (sometimes) affects which enemies you encounter in other locations (I still got the Gold Element/One Eye thingy/agile thingy trio in this case though). Changing the character formation does seems to hit the game's internal random number generator in some way though.

Hope this helps.
well, that's indeed nice to know.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Bug still exists with the current revisions.

However there is a clumsy but working fix. =)

Save the game using Savestate function then mass spam-load
that Savestate by mashing the F3 button.

Admist all the loads, one of them will be loaded with the hanging fixed.

Clumsy and unprofessional but hey it saves you from starting from the last savepoint.
Just thought I'd necro this old thread with a bit of an update to say that I am still encountering this bug in beta svn revision 2819.
[Image: 774509.png]
Yeah it never got fixed..mainly because no one knows what causes it
(04-08-2010, 08:00 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah it never got fixed..mainly because no one knows what causes it

I actually have a vague recollection of this happening in my game on my PS2. I'm pretty sure it happened a couple of times and many phones ago i'd even have a picture of it somewhere, or was that before phones even had cameras.. All I remember is, I was in highschool.

Anyway I am encountering this problem pretty often right now, i've completed the game but currently filling out my monster arena with captured mobs. So you can kind of understand why I came across this thread Tongue

I'm going to try that savestate spamming, maybe that might work.
The platinum pal-e final fantasy (SCES-50490-P) hangs sometimes in thunderplanes on my ps2, so it must be a bug with the game and not pcsx2, it happens a lot more often on pcsx2 though.
Hah very interesting, a bug in the game itself, which is then getting augmented by some emulator differences. Most probably one of those that will never get fixed Tongue