[Bug Report] FFX thunder plains ramdom freeze BUG
This also happened to me when I played FFX-International. I thought it was just due to not limiting the FPS. but yeah it did happen to me a couple of times when I didnt limit the FPS, and i used speedhacks too. I think turning FPS limiter on helped, if not fixed it. Idk, I didn't test it.

Sponsored links

(06-20-2010, 07:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hah very interesting, a bug in the game itself, which is then getting augmented by some emulator differences. Most probably one of those that will never get fixed Tongue

See Tales of the Abyss and Shadow Hearts 2 (apparently). The 2 games that got fixed by slowing our CDVD down to PS2 disc speeds Wink
The save state/load trick listed on page 2 does not work. There doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem except to reload and pray, eh?
I have the french PAL version of FFX (SCES 50491).
I haven't any problem on my ps2 whereas with pcsx2 0.9.7 r3609, no speedhack and all plugins up to date the game freeze with animation and music running in the thunder plain when I'm attacked by monsters.
I tried using superVU or Interpreter instead of microVU but it didn't work. I also tried changing GSDX 3579 (DX 10, SSE4, no interlacing) by ZeroGS 0.97.1. This was the same by using cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0 or Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0.
Finally, I played with pcsx2 0.9.4 and the same plugins and I was able to play in the thunder plain without freezing (but with a low fps :/).

EDIT : FFX works with pcsx2 0.9.7 r3113 therefore the bug appear between the 0.9.7 r3113 and the 0.9.7 r3609 !

EDIT 2 : The bug appears only with 2 aroj and 1 larva in pcsx2 0.9.7 r3113 (rare)
sorry to bump up an old thread, but i am also encountering this problem of the game freezing when i encounter enemies in the thunder plains. is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Is it hanging on all enemies or just those specific 3 different monsters?
If it's the 3 diff monsters then you can bypass the hang by using an older (r3113 or so) version.
If it's hanging on all enemies, then I've not seen that bug happen yet, so dunno.
oh, do u have a link to the older version? thks for helping.
(01-26-2011, 04:50 PM)artemis Wrote: sorry to bump up an old thread, but i am also encountering this problem of the game freezing when i encounter enemies in the thunder plains. is there any way to prevent this from happening?

set Clamp mode to normal and don't use speed hacks there in until you leave thunder plains...
don't forget to do normal save there is 1 in the 1st tower and another one beside the door in the inn.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
tried it, does not work, i disabled sppedhacks and set it to normal but it still freezes when i encounter the enemy. any other methods?
Still need to know:
Is it hanging on all enemies or just those specific 3 different monsters?