[Bug Report] Final Fantasy X-2 [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: Beta 0.9.7 release 3113
# CPU options: all default
# Plugins used: GSdx 3068 (hardware, dx11), spu2-x 3117(Stereo, Linear), Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
# Description:
* Missing characters on many scenes, like Rikku doesn't appear on the screen shot of the scene below.. But this problem is not on the PCSX2 0.9.6 where Rikku does appear on the second screen shot... I tried many solutions but it is the same
* When fighting the screen turns blue like on the 3rd screen shot below, but sometimes it turns to normal again

Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Doesn't happen here, any other settings changed? VUs? Speedhacks?

Moving this to general discussion for now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yes with the blue screen same thing happens to me but i don't have a missing characters problem, i think it is something in speedhacks if you used those. i'm not sure, i haven't checked that game on 0.9.7 yet.
Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2GHz / Nvidia 8600 Gt / Windows 7
Hey, It appeared the problem to be in the Round mode in EE/FPU options where I chose "Positive" all this time because of a problem in FFX where the characters fight in opposite side, if you know what I mean.. this can be funny sometimes >_>;
but I changed it to "Chop/Zero" and Rikku appeared! yay ;p isn't she hot?! I mean, you don't want to miss looking at her in these scenes lol
I am sure I didn't use any speedhacks or anything abnormal out of respect to the rules of the forum
Thank soraeon for your contribute in this subject, I think the blue screen will still haunt us for a while >_>;
if the missing characters is not a bug, then the blue screen is a bug which Shadow Lady should return it back to bug report forum <_<;
but thanks Shadow Lady for the help and the screen shot, im sure you using D3D internal resolution or Scaling stuff, thats why the image looks so sharp!
Uh actually that was with default GSdx settigns so 1024x1024 and no I didn't get blue screens but I didn't post a screenshot of a non-blue screen in battles cause there was no point Tongue
I finished that entire mission which I remember had the blue screens over some specific camera angles back in PCSX2 0.9.4 but I didn't get any in the ~20 battles I got in the mission.

If someone else could reproduce it easier in some specific battle to confirm then I'll move it back.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've had the screen completely dissappear, so it's still a problem, but it happens somewhat randomly, I can't point to an exact situation where it happens.
tried the game on 0.9.7, played for about an hour chapter 4, and for now no more blue screens, if they show up i'll post here, speedhacks are turned on except mVU Min/Max and IOPx2 cycle rate, ee cycle rate is at 2 and vu cycle stealing is off. i had to put those hacks cause battles are a little slow (my pc isn't that grate). but even with those for now there isn't any problem (except for the fmvs Tongue). ill try and play a little more next week i don't have time this week.
Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2GHz / Nvidia 8600 Gt / Windows 7
Have the exact same blue screen after a minute, but think it has something to do with the enemies, lupines most, the wolfs so to say, tried almost everything but can't seem to get it to work

-------------------------------------
amd x-2 6400, 8800gt, win7
err... im a totally newbie

sorry for reviving this thread from years grave.

but this problem occured for me too..

bluescreen FFx-2.

im using PCSX2 2.0.9.8 r600 and PCSX2 2.0.9.9

---------------------------------------------
MSI CX 420
Win XP SP 2
Intel Core i3, 2.40Ghz, 2Gb DDR 3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 1Gb DDR3
PCSX2 works perfect : Only for Super Robot Wars Series
Did you try what post #4 suggested in this same thread?
[Image: newsig.jpg]