[Bug Report] Final Fantasy X [NTSC]
enabling VU extra+keep sign will give you a medium speed decrease in most games.

enabling full FPU/EE clamping will give you a small speed decrease in a few games.

However, if FPU clamping is at Full, yet VU clamping isn't at extra+keep sign, a couple of games may not work correctly.

FFX (and most games, I think) should be fine with Full FPU and Normal VU, though I don't know for sure.

So unless you want to enable both options and suffer the speed decrease, there isn't a blanket "for all games" option. That's why they're advanced.

Sponsored links

As having recently played through this game i can confirm the bizarre crashing/graphics breaking bug at the rikku cutscene, in the al bhed's home 'yunie will die, you know!' I reverted to r548 and was able to get past this scene, as it doesn't break. I hope this will help.
I have met the same problem later also. At the end of Mt. Gagazet's cave, just after the fight with Santuary Keeper. Auron says "... [Braska] will defeat Sin, and then die." At this point the graphics goes bad and pcsx2 crashes either immediately or in a few seconds. Again, I was able to pass that part using an old beta. A memcard is available if you need it.

It is also curious that the game always crashes when somebody says that either father or daughter dies :-)

Let me take the opportunity to thank the developers of pcsx2 for the terrific work on this emulator, and in particular for the tremendous improvement in speed in the latest version. Even with the crashes, I continue playing with the latest version as I'm able to run it full speed without any hack, while there are some slowdowns in previous versions.

Core i7 920, 3 GB DDR3, GeForce 9800 gtx+.
Encountered the same bug(s) at the very same spots tohdom mentioned, as of the most recent nightly build these remain unfixed Sad
i confirm pieffe's discovery, but lucky me - pcsx2 only shaken a little but did not crash that time.

ps. the death is the main theme of FFX, i am sick of it! What a depressing plot! I hope FFX-2 will be different.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(03-13-2009, 06:12 AM)tohdom Wrote: i confirm pieffe's discovery, but lucky me - pcsx2 only shaken a little but did not crash that time.

ps. the death is the main theme of FFX, i am sick of it! What a depressing plot! I hope FFX-2 will be different.

I also came to part with lady Yunalesca,and PCSX2 crashed everytime.Also that part in Al Bed home i passed with 0.95 version to come here,and look now.Same thing again.I dont have will to pass this with older version because drop rate is awfull.And i must fight her also.I can't imagine fight with her for 1 hour with 15 fps.
(03-13-2009, 01:58 PM)Romano.Cule Wrote: I also came to part with lady Yunalesca,and PCSX2 crashed everytime.Also that part in Al Bed home i passed with 0.95 version to come here,and look now.Same thing again.I dont have will to pass this with older version because drop rate is awfull.And i must fight her also.I can't imagine fight with her for 1 hour with 15 fps.

Don't know about 0.9.5 as I don't have it, but in 0.9.4 it works almost at the same speed as in latest svn build, with difference may be 2 fps. Battles/low-object-areas are always 60fps with minor slowdowns here and there.
Yes, Romano, you probably forgot tune some option like speedhack or something
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
should now be resolved (albiet a hack)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Haven't compiled the new svn yet, but yeah, refraction refracts!! Smile All hail refraction!