[Bug Report] Final Fantasy X [NTSC]
i have played FFX on 0.9.6 from the beginning and only on 1/3 of the game i encounter the problem (crash):
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3110/toht...f_orig.jpg
once again, it is not general problem, only this scene.
At the beginning it start shaking but sometimes "make through" the problem part (sometimes - crash), but after few seconds there is another problem part and so far - 100% crash (made the screenshot above)

It is on "Bikanel Island / Al Bed Home (near end)".

I have tried:
default settings of 0.9.6 - still bug
0.9.5 svn377 with same gdx plugin (0.1.14) and also default settings - NO bug!
so, i guess it is the 0.9.6 problem.

how can i help? i can provide savestates from 0.9.5/0.9.6 or memcars saves (although i cannot save right before the bug, there is a medium fight need to be fought Sad )

ps.
i know i can(and will) workaround my problem by playing few minutes on 0.9.5 and switch to 0.9.6 afterwards and hoping there will be no more such places in game, but i thought it will be also usefull to create this bugreport.

Sponsored links

Try the latest beta. Get it here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
tried 720 + gsdx r694 - a little worse -> now the first problem moment is "breaking" much harder (visually) and there is now 100% crash on it.
The second problem moment (i had a savestat) is the same (visually).

ps.
do i have to load the memcardsave or the savestat from previous pcsx is OK for telling you that the bug is still there?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Use your memory card save and try that scene again. (Don't use any savestates!).
If it still crashes, then please attach your memory card here (compress it first please Tongue2 ).
played from memsave -> discovered another problem moment (but it sometimes not crashing).

1) after save (1slot/1file) - enter left door
2) fight battle. It is not too hard, cast "provoke" by Tidus on both Chimeras -> they will cast only Thunders on Tidus and he have immunity from it. (+ i have all overdrives filled)
3) go downstairs
problem moment 1: Wakka and the thunder-flash (50% crash)
4) further downstairs
problem moment 2: Woman approaching (50% crash on 0.9.6, 100% on beta)
problem moment 3: after Rikku screaming "Yuna will die!"

Attached Files
.rar   memcards.rar (Size: 29,42 KB / Downloads: 184)
also, another strange bug.
the controls in one location are reversed (up is down, left is right). Never encounter such glitch before in the game. (tested on 0.9.6 and beta)

see the memcard-save attached (1slot / 1file "Airship")

Attached Files
.rar   gamepad.rar (Size: 21,92 KB / Downloads: 179)
Ok, we traced the problem of the game crashing to some sensitive part of the emu.
This is something for refraction to fix..

The second problem you describe can be fixed with full fpu clamping i believe.
nice to hear you found the problem

(03-09-2009, 07:37 PM)rama Wrote: The second problem you describe can be fixed with full fpu clamping i believe.

what? this weird controls inversion is happening only in this and the next location, so, for example, to run UP i hold Down-key, and to run RIGHT i hold LEFT-key, etc. Try the savegame in previous post.
i dont believe it has anything to do with FPS (they are 60 as usual). this behavior is constant in this location (did not encounter anything like this in other location throughout the game)
Full FPU clamping. Turn it on in config > advanced Tongue2
Oh, and enable extra + keep sign for the VU's as well.
you right, tnx.
should i turn it on always for all games? any speed decrease?