[Bug Report] Final Fantasy XII [NTSC]
# pcsx2 version: compiled from svn, revision 1019
# cpu options: EErec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS all on
# plugins: ZeroGS Playground OpenGL 0.96.7
# system: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz, 3 gig RAM, nvidia 9800 GTX
# os: linux

I've been trying to play FF12 and every version of pcsx2 I tried, which ranged from revision around 700 to current, has had the same two problems.

1. Certain spell effects and textures make make the screen flip vertically. In the attached screenshot you can see a fire elemental in the background. Every time it is in frame the screen flips. If I face away, the screen turns back to normal. A lot of spell effects also trigger this for the duration of the animation. During quickenings which have very intense and complicated animations it's even worse. The flipped image gets superimposed on top of the regular image and the whole thing looks like a blurry mess.

2. Things that should be hidden behind walls and such appear to be in front of them. I noticed I always get the following message on the console when I start the game up: "ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing". I'm not sure if this is the cause, but I thought it would be worth to mention it none the less.

This happens with all advanced options in ZeroOGS unticked and all hacks off. Here are some screenshots of what I'm talking about:

[Image: Screenshot.png]
[[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
[Image: Screenshot-1.png]

Sponsored links

None of these are PCSX2 bugs, they're all OpenGL ZeroGS bugs.
(04-19-2009, 08:59 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: None of these are PCSX2 bugs, they're all OpenGL ZeroGS bugs.
My apologies then. I'm new to this whole emulation thing and wasn't sure where such bugs are reported.
Indeed,all these are fine with GSdx.
Closed and moved
[Image: newsig.jpg]