[Bug Report] GSDX9 [Multiple Games]
# Pcsx2 version: official 0.9.6 Compiled FEB 27, 2009
# EERec, Vu0&Vu1 Rec on as well as MTGS. No changes here affect it.
# Also, no changes in the accuracy of zero/nan math affect it.
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14 (hardware and software, dx10), ;
# Description: This is much less a priority than other bugs that cause crashes etc, however I have a feeling that fixing this will allow for greater rendering speed and support for more titles. This is a GRAPHICAL error, and no more. Very good examples: MGS3 Opening video, Gradius V at the beggining of stage 2, when you first come in contact with your future self.
Gradius V, first in ZeroGS; then in GSDX, same scene. Its hard to say what is causing it, but the GSDX9 scrot also lacks the red glow over the whole screen, and the graphical error covers the entire screen (where in MGS3 it only appears in small spots on the monitors aboard the plane).
[edit]
Also, this affects all versions of said games, NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J, as said, its an issue with rendering.
[/edit]
It wouldn't let me attach the screens, too big T_T
GSDX Screenshot
ZeroGS Screenshot

Sponsored links

Out of curiosity, how do those games look in software mode? And do you have any means at all to test in DX10? DX10 mode fixes most graphic glitches I encountered in DX9 mode.

Also, have you tried the latest GSDX plugin version from the GSDX thread? Check the plugin forum and near the top of the page is the thread, try downloading and using that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-06-2009, 01:20 AM)Koji Wrote: Out of curiosity, how do those games look in software mode? And do you have any means at all to test in DX10? DX10 mode fixes most graphic glitches I encountered in DX9 mode.

Also, have you tried the latest GSDX plugin version from the GSDX thread? Check the plugin forum and near the top of the page is the thread, try downloading and using that.

Not to be rude, but did you bother reading the bug report at all? DX10 was specifically stated to have been used, as well as DX9, the issue affects only certain games with similar rendering actions being taken. "Stickers" is what they are nicknamed, but its actually sprites being applied to a model like they are a texture. In Gradius V its a large transparent sticker that is intended to give the red glow effect (from what I can tell, I'm shooting in the dark really because I'm not sure from my standpoint what they had coded that would trigger this graphical error, but its the only thing I could think of that MGS3s OP and that area of Gradius V had in common) and in MGS3 its a sticker for the screens, to give them "text" in both cases, its an ANIMATED texture with TRANSPARENCIES being used, and thats where the graphical error appears.
The Bug Reporting forum isnt for GSdx reports use the GSdx thread instead, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Xaero: Sorry, my fault. I tend to view a lot of posts so I skim through, and it's much harder to skim and get all the information needed from a "wall of text" instead of something that looks properly formatted for easy reading.
[Image: 2748844.png]