[Bug Report] God of War I [PAL]
GoW1 (PAL)
the end of "Desert of Lost Souls" before the Kronos. There is FMV with 3 sirens and disappearance of the horn (i skip it with no FMV without problem).
Next you need to fight several sirens. After they done - the screen is fading to the dark. I have no idea what is next, but this is what i get:
black screen, sound of wind, no footsteps or any reaction from the pushing buttons, BUT i can access the menu, so the game is not completely frozen and i guess it is not FMV.
i am playing on betas(1888, ~2186), but to report this i've checked it on 0.9.6 with default plugins, options (only with 1.5 cycle rate). gsdx is dx10.

here is statesave(0.9.6): http://narod.ru/disk/15689502000/FB0E6D72.rar.html (click on green button after solving capcha)
and memorycard

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd001.rar (Size: 352,45 KB / Downloads: 796)
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64

Sponsored links

could anyone confirm or dis-confirm it, please? maybe there is something wrong with my game DVD?
i was hoping to test the bug on Pcsx2-r2329 (by the way it works very nice, judging by the few minutes I've played in GoW)
unfortunately, i cant get past FMV because i cant find the patches section in new gui. Not implemented yet?
ok. so here is the confirmation.
same thing at the same scene happened to norbi1988:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3404-post...l#pid71046
and buddah86:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3404-post...l#pid59535
and Sjorrit:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3404-post...l#pid54011
and zomurn
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3404-post...l#pid48346

i did not look deeper to that thread (there is 60 more older pages). And i did not see there any comments from the dev-team. Is this bug unsolvable at this point of the pcsx2 project? If yes, i should give up, and you can close this topic.
The bug report forum is not for support. So we actually WANT unsolvable problems here (aka bugs) so the devs have some information on it.
On the other hand, your report lacks proper testing. You should test with all plugins available, test different round modes, clamp modes, VUrecs, GSdx settings etc etc. The more you narrow down the bug the easier it is for it to get solved.
Same thing happening to other people does not ensure this is a proper issue, you might as well all use the same setting(s) that cause it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok. i will try to give more info.
do i have to start always from the memsave(will take forever) or it would be ok to test this using savestate?
i understand the priority should be CPU settings? then gsdx, zerogs. Anything else like sound plugin, dvd?
on which version of pcsx i should do it?
Memcard save would be best. CPU settings, try changing hacks to see if they have any effect (specifically EE sync and IOP x2 hacks),then GS plugin,then SPU2 plugins. Enable console to also see the output of PCSX2 and see if any errors pop up.
The more the better. Especially useful if you find some revision that works in that part, then you can track it down properly
[Image: newsig.jpg]
so, i've tried several versions. GoW became playable with ~0.9.6 r400. I've read gow 1,2 topic, but found no conclusive evidence that someone complete the PAL version.
I've tried turning on|off all options in CPU and advanced - no luck.
I dont think it is the plugin problem either. I tun the game with null rendering and judging my the sound the bug is there too. It is not sound plugin, i try set it to soundnull.

I want to point out that game is not frozen. i can access menu, update my powers etc.. sound of wind is not in a loop.

what else could it be?
(12-11-2009, 08:07 PM)tohdom Wrote: so, i've tried several versions. GoW became playable with ~0.9.6 r400. I've read gow 1,2 topic, but found no conclusive evidence that someone complete the PAL version.
I've tried turning on|off all options in CPU and advanced - no luck.
I dont think it is the plugin problem either. I tun the game with null rendering and judging my the sound the bug is there too. It is not sound plugin, i try set it to soundnull.

I want to point out that game is not frozen. i can access menu, update my powers etc.. sound of wind is not in a loop.

what else could it be?

Hey tohdom, have u successfully completed the PAL version of GOW1? Cause i finally found a way past the "Desert of Lost Souls" part where you are about to blow the 2nd horn and the sirens come and u have to fight them and then a cut scene comes up that, in fact, doesn't actually come up thus not being able to use the "Skip MPEG" patch.

ANYWAY, i saved a savestate right after the MPEG. Do you want me to attach the savestate? Or have u already gone past it? Please reply ASAP.

P.S. I have like 3 savestates in the "sstate" folder even though GOW1 is like the only game i played(besides GOW2 which i played for a while before finding about how to get past the siren part in GOW1). Which one should i attach???
This thread was 5 months old... i doubt he still needs it but who knows...
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850