[Bug Report] God of War II [NTSC]
English is not my primary language.

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 (hardware, dx10) (I only try to change stuff in GSdx none other.)
# Description: I have 1 Major problem and 2 minor problems.

The major problem is that there are a lot of amounts of missing textures.

First minor one is FPS goes down from 60 to 35 and the game seems slow at that point and it occurred very often. I wonder is there possible to fix this?

Second minor is that there is a lightly ghost next to my character. Is there possible to fix this as well?

That is all, Pcsx2 is an excellent emulator with a little fix above that I encounter with it would be awesome.

Cheers,
Exor

Sponsored links

About your "missing textures" problem : please post screenshots
about your FPS problems : depends on your machine. Please post your specs.
about yhe "ghosting effect" : set the internal res to native in gsdx

Do you have all those problems when setting gsdx mode to software ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-31-2010, 08:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: About your "missing textures" problem : please post screenshots
about your FPS problems : depends on your machine. Please post your specs.
about yhe "ghosting effect" : set the internal res to native in gsdx

Do you have all those problems when setting gsdx mode to software ?

Missing textures: will post them.
FPS: My rig list is below.
Ghosting: Seems fixed when using native.
Sorry about software, I just edited it to hardware only. Software slow down extremely bad.

EDIT: Forget to add, I am having trouble with locking up on movies or black screen. This is really needed to be fixed as soon as possible.

My rig:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz (Quad-Core)
XFX Radeon HD 5770x2 in crossfire
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
ok, you just have the common bugs on this game.
moved.
use the search button about your 2 other problems. It has been answered billions on times.
Yes, software mode is slow. But if your problem disappears when using it, then it's more a gsdx bug. not pcsx2.
Simply switch to software mode when a bug seen in hrdware mode is blocking you, then switch back to hardware mode again (F9 key)
(03-31-2010, 09:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok, you just have the common bugs on this game.
moved.
use the search button about your 2 other problems. It has been answered billions on times.
Yes, software mode is slow. But if your problem disappears when using it, then it's more a gsdx bug. not pcsx2.
Simply switch to software mode when a bug seen in hrdware mode is blocking you, then switch back to hardware mode again (F9 key)

Movies locking up or black screen, I used skip mpeg and it works but this is my first time playing it so I would like to watch the movies to understand the story.
I was playing around with Speedhacks and only increase 1-4 fps. Only VU Cycle Stealing that increase the speed incredibly fast but cause some buggy ex: the character went blinking.

I don't think there is anything I know that can fix the fps problem. Any idea?
the skip mpeg patch is the only way for the moment.
If you have any doubt on the story, you can still transfer your save onto your PS2 memcard using mymc, play that part on your real PS2, and then switch back to pcsx2.
Alright, I will play around with it.

Thanks for help.