[Bug Report]Grandia 2 [NTSC-U]
#PCSX2 version: 1.2.1 Beta
#Emulation options: Default Settings.
#Plugins Used: GSdx 9 Hardware and Software and GSdx 10 Hardware Software
#Computer: Intel Core i3 (sorry I'm not all that tech savy with computers thats all I know really sorry)
#Hacks: None
#Description of the bug and of how to replicate it: After You leave Valmar's Moon and return to Cyrum you regain Roan as a Party member. On the way to leave the city just as you cross the bridge before the Inn/General Store Ryudo's arm acts up and a small movie where Valmar looks at him is played. After 2 of Valmar's Spawn climb out of ruined buildings and a third begins to spawn in by a "Bubble" of Darkness. As the "Bubble" begins to vanish the game freezes and the music continues to play. I have Deleted 3 saves and restarted my computer numerous times. Please Assist. I will upload a copy of my memorycard1 save if it is require. Yes I did use action replay codes to get myself endgame gear early but thats only because i wanted to rush through and see if the problem still exsisted.

Attached Files
.rar   MemCard1.rar (Size: 27,19 KB / Downloads: 218)

Sponsored links

(06-23-2014, 02:55 AM)XPhantomLegionX Wrote: #PCSX2 version: 1.2.1 Beta
#Computer: Intel Core i3 (sorry I'm not all that tech savy with computers thats all I know really sorry)
#Description of the bug and of how to replicate it: After You leave Valmar's Moon and return to Cyrum you regain Roan as a Party member. On the way to leave the city just as you cross the bridge before the Inn/General Store Ryudo's arm acts up and a small movie where Valmar looks at him is played. After 2 of Valmar's Spawn climb out of ruined buildings and a third begins to spawn in by a "Bubble" of Darkness. As the "Bubble" begins to vanish the game freezes and the music continues to play. I have Deleted 3 saves and restarted my computer numerous times. Please Assist. I will upload a copy of my memorycard1 save if it is require. Yes I did use action replay codes to get myself endgame gear early but thats only because i wanted to rush through and see if the problem still exsisted.

Don't use action replay codes with grandia II form new game to the point where it freezes see what happens.
(06-23-2014, 02:55 AM)XPhantomLegionX Wrote: #PCSX2 version: 1.2.1 Beta

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/download...xe&can=2&q=
Here it work fine with 1.0.0.
(06-23-2014, 03:40 AM)jamesstuller Wrote: Don't use action replay codes with grandia II form new game to the point where it freezes see what happens.

I did James the first 3 times through were complete legit runs with nothing added I added the AR codes on 4th run to see if the problem still persisted rather than waste 4 days grinding my way back
Try both gamefixs it will work in pcsx2 v1.0.0.
[Image: Capture-4.png]
(06-23-2014, 04:29 AM)jamesstuller Wrote: Try both gamefixs it will work in pcsx2 v1.0.0.
[Image: Capture-4.png]

Didnt need to used the old version and got past the freeze i will move back to the newer and see how it goes I will repost if the problem arises again only after testing the game on the older pcsx2 version. thank you for your assistance
(06-23-2014, 04:36 AM)XPhantomLegionX Wrote: Didnt need to used the old version and got past the freeze i will move back to the newer and see how it goes I will repost if the problem arises again only after testing the game on the older pcsx2 version. thank you for your assistance

Will you can use them gamefixs in 1.2.1 Beta it should likely work to I think it may be like the freeze in pac man world 2.
I experienced a similar problem with some cheats on pcsx2 v1.1.0.
In my case, I removed the cheats and loaded from my memory card, so the problem was solved.

I've loaded from your memory card without cheats on pcsx2 1.2.1, and the problem didn't happen.
The attached file below is your memory card I saved at #2 after the problem scene and a succeeding battle.

If you cannot solve the problem, try this memory card. (The next destination is CYRUM KINGDOM, SOUTH.)
Cheats not working is not classed as a bug with the emulator. There are too many factors involved and if the game works without them, it's more likely the cheats that are at fault.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-24-2014, 12:22 AM)refraction Wrote: Cheats not working is not classed as a bug with the emulator. There are too many factors involved and if the game works without them, it's more likely the cheats that are at fault.

As i Had Stated in a previous post the Bug/freeze was happening before i even applied the cheats. the first three saves were done over the course of 3 weeks of me editing settings and grinding my way back the problem spot. For some reason falling back to the 1.1.0 version of PCSX2 fixed the problem and allowed me to get past the problem area. I have since removed all cheats and other hacks from the game to run it 100% Vanilla.