[Bug Report] Jak and Daxter - A time trial has a time-to-beat of 00.01 seconds.
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 1.4.0
# CPU options: EE/IOP default, VUs default, speedhacks enabled, game fixes disabled.
# Plugins used: GSdx 20160105132032 (None custom installed)
# Video settings: Attached file on post.
# Description:

In the Precursor Basin stage, there is a time trial you can beat to earn one of the eight power cells in the area. Normally, the time to beat is 45.00 seconds which is manageable, but I have been faced with a time of 00.01 seconds. My theory is that this is one of those tings developers put into a game if it detects an illegitimate copy (as it is being run on an emulator that would be a cause).

Would anyone know how I can work around this? I'd like to do a 100% run and this minor issue is a serious roadblock. I'd even be willing to go into the game code and change the time manually if that is an option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

tried latest git ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-13-2019, 08:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tried latest git ?

Git being version of PCSX2? I have not tried this.

Though I don't think this is an issue anymore. I ended up beating the game the day after I opened this thread. I no longer feel the need to 100% this game, but thank you for the input!
Click the link in my signature to grab the latest development build, that's what he means by Git build Smile
This is actually a bug in the game, you can try a legit disc if not already but I 100% you will get the same result. The only way to fix the bug is to load a save before your progress on precursor basin or start a new save. It has nothing to do with the emulator.
(05-19-2019, 08:42 AM)dragcrazyness Wrote: This is actually a bug in the game, you can try a legit disc if not already but I 100% you will get the same result. The only way to fix the bug is to load a save before your progress on precursor basin or start a new save. It has nothing to do with the emulator.

Yes. Here is how to trigger: 

To trigger the 00.01 second time record glitch, do the following:

1. Speak to the Gambler;

2. Go to Precursor Basin and complete the race slower than 45.00 seconds;

3. Speak to the Gambler again;

4. Re-attempt the race, the record time should now be 00.01 seconds, and as a result the power cell is no longer achievable.

Only way to fix it seems to be editing it in save to old value, or something like that. Not sure that anyone did it earlier.
Can you post your save