[Bug Report] Latest nightly - program crash with any ROM
PCSX2 v1.7.4191 is crashing from a fresh install.

It happens anytime I attempt to send keyboard/mouse input to another machine connected via Multiplicity.

1) Install Multiplicity.
2) Change focus to another machine and click or press a key on the keyboard.
3) PCSX2 crashes and shuts down.

I suspect it has something to do with the input monitoring/hooking that PCSX2 is doing.

Sponsored links

what if you try barrier instead ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-06-2023, 07:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what if you try barrier instead ?

What is that? I need multiplicity running and it’s not an option to disable it.
ok. ask multiplicity support, then.
we don't support it
(03-06-2023, 03:55 PM)pid='632445 Wrote: ok. ask multiplicity support, then.
we don't support it

Never said you did. Multiplicity isn’t crashing. PCSX2 is the app crashing. Multiplicity continues to work.

That’s like me going to Microsoft and reporting my ESET antivirus is crashing when I use Windows.
it crashes with multiplicity.
pcsx2 isn't made to work with this.

if you can find a solution, good. PRs are welcome
but it won't be on the to-do list
Wow, someone has a chip on their shoulder... I will keep following to see when PCSX2 addresses the bugs in their input monitoring. There are obviously unhandled exceptions and to say it won't even be on the to-do list is both condescending and childish.

/peace
(03-06-2023, 04:25 PM)Jedis Wrote: Wow, someone has a chip on their shoulder... I will keep following to see when PCSX2 addresses the bugs in their input monitoring. There are obviously unhandled exceptions and to say it won't even be on the to-do list is both condescending and childish.

/peace

you don't get it.

devs will work during their free time on what they have interest in. this isn't macdonalds
but as i said above, PRs are welcome since it's an open source project.

if you can't make PRs, feel free to make a github issue about it, even if i have an idea about how it'll end...

to make it simple : i dont have this problem with barrier, it's possible others don't have this problem with multiplicity either

so, yes, it's a niche problem that could be handled, but on very low priority, as you can imagine

FTR : you got pcsx2 for free, need the devs to work on your issue for free and will be angry if they don't do what you want ?
honestly, kiddo... who is childish ?