[Bug Report] MLB 10 The Show
Hello. So I'm new here, just got this. I make backup ISO files of all of my ps2 and PC games because I've got terrible ADD and tend to lose a LOT of my games.

I'm away at college right now and don't have my ps2, so I tried using my iso file of MLB 10 the show.

Since I'm totally new to this whole emulator thing, this could just be because I didn't configure properly. I thought I did, I read the configuration guide pretty thoroughly.

Anyways, I got the BIOS and all and literally the moment I load up the ISO file from the File drop down menu in Pcsx2 I get a crash from windows saying:

The Program Pcsx2 encountered an error and was forced to close, or something along those lines.

Is there a way to find a log so I can give you guys more details about what went wrong or something?

Sponsored links

yeah, post a screenshot of the emu console (tick misc>enable console)
and providing pc specs, plugins settings, pcsx2 version would help a lot
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In this provided link is a picture of the emu console, or at least, what I BELIEVE is the emu console Tongue

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/...ONSOLO.jpg

Um, I'm not sure what to tell you for my PC specs, other than the fact that I'm running Windows natively on a Macbook Pro from about 2 years ago, I believe. The specs far outdo what I can imagine a lot of people on here do. I DO know I've got an Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT, which isn't the BEST card, but it SHOULD be more than enough to run the program when I can play games like Oblivion and Mass Effect 2 on the highest graphics settings possible.

PS: Please excuse the poor spelling of "Console" in the photobucket link, it was a typo Tongue

As for PCSX2 version, I downloaded the newest one and it still isn't working...
Quote:I DO know I've got an Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT, which isn't the BEST card, but it SHOULD be more than enough
It's fair.... Everything ending with a "M" is crap for pcsx2.
Quote:but it SHOULD be more than enough to run the program when I can play games like Oblivion and Mass Effect 2 on the highest graphics settings possible
and of course, mass effect 2 & Oblivion are both emulated games... I mean : so what ? It's nothing compared to how intensive pcsx2 may be.

Now seeing your problem, i'd update your directx to feb 2010 version.
Alright so I updated my DirectX and it still isn't working, but I still don't think it's a hardware issue so much as it is an issue of one of my configurations. Is it entirely possible that my iso file is corrupt or something? I don't think it is but you can never know....

I did what I think may be a smart thing. Just before I got the error report popup I alt+tabbed to the Emu Console and took yet another screenshot. Here it is, maybe/hopefully this can help you a bit more:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/...ONSOLE.jpg
Oh, snap! I just saw a comment on a gaming forum that said that Laptops are unable to run PCSX2. Does this comment have any merit to it, even though I'm running a really powerful computer?

If it is true, out of curiosity, what specifically makes a laptop unable to run PCSX2?

Thanks!
could you please provide a screenshot on which we could read the console ?
and no, Laptops can run pcsx2, but they aren't ideal for it because of their mobile GPU, and generally their not so powerful CPU conpared to dektop ones.
Plus, then tend to overheat very easily.
Sorry, try this:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/...NSOLE1.jpg
no error in that console...
could you please use linuziso as CD/DVD plugin and unmount your ISO from any 3rd party Soft ?
(04-16-2010, 07:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: no error in that console...
could you please use linuziso as CD/DVD plugin and unmount your ISO from any 3rd party Soft ?

I can't find linuziso in the dropdown menu in the configuration panel under cdvdrom option. Do I have to download it or something?
no, comes by default with 0.9.6 & latest public beta r1888.