[Bug Report] Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater [PAL]
My PS2 malfunctioned a long time ago so I gave up hope on it, then I used BIOS from it with PCSX2 and used my original MGS3 disk's iso image. Nothing was obtained illegally.

Sponsored links

hehehe I believe you

anyhow, I'm having the same problem, and worked out it's because of "VU0 perma-stall, breaking execution..." being spammed all over the console as soon as it gets past the speedy first cutscenes. Any ideas?

edit: Also, strangely enough, I've read reports of people playing it just fine on 0.9.5 and below. What gives bro? (I tried those versions and couldn't)

I don't THINK it's a HW issue, my specs were above the ones posted in the thread in question:
ATI Radeon HD4890
AMD Athlon 64 x2 3.0GHz
4GB RAM
NeoDement?

from FP?
Yes Smile
: D

As for the problem I have no idea. I'm probably just going to get a 260 gtx and see how it works out, I'm due for a new graphics card anyway.
I doubt that will fix it, Google's revealed a few unanswered threads with our problem. Could a mod maybe move this to the appropriate section, so it doesn't fall off the first page so often?
I dunno then, I still need a new video card
Woo, I managed to repair my MGS3 disk with the toothpaste trick (previously my DVD drive could read the disk, whereas my PS2 couldn't read a certain cutscene)

Good luck with your problem Big Blue :]

Edit: WHAT FUN, THE DISK STOPPED WORKING AGAIN. Right back where I started.
(07-20-2009, 07:53 PM)Big Blue Wrote: : D

As for the problem I have no idea. I'm probably just going to get a 260 gtx and see how it works out, I'm due for a new graphics card anyway.

I have one. Nice card, doesn't solve the issue. It's in the program itself.

Off topic:
If you have a scratched disk you could try optical car wax with a sponge. Don't be afraid to rub it in. You shouldn't be playing on disc anyways. Rip it to the HD as an iso. Soooo, much faster.
It's a PS2, it doesn't accept ISOs (my one doesn't anyway). I'm more likely to buy a new disk if problems persist, all I can do is pass one cutscene at a time... it's no fun at all. On PC it has been ripped to an ISO, naturally.