[Bug Report] Onimusha 3 Demon Siege [PAL-E] [SLES-51914]
Ugh, here we go:
[Bug Report] Onimusha 3 Demon Siege [PAL-E] [SLES-51914]

# PCSX2 version: pcsx2 0.99 beta r4964 and onwards to r5100
# CPU options: default
# Plugins used: default
# GSDX plugin: default, hardware mode, native, both dx9&10 + additional described below
-Advanced OptionsLaughefault
- no speedhacks

Ok, so I tested the game with several setups and this is what I've got:
1. the above betas with default GSDX, native, hardware = broken textures at the beginning scene
2. the above betas with default GSDX, 2x native, hardware = broken textures at the beginning scene
3. the above betas with default GSDX, 3x native, hardware = crash on choosing 'new game'
4. the above betas with GSDX r4600&3878, native, hardware = no problems
5. pcsx2 0.98 r4594 & pcsx2 0.97 beta r3878 with their default GSDX r4600&3878 respectively, native&2xnative, hardware = no problems
6.pcsx2 0.98 r4594 & pcsx2 0.97 beta r3878 with their default GSDX r4600&3878 respectively, 3x native, hardware = crash on choosing 'new game'
7. the above betas with default GSDX, software = no problems

From this, it's obvious it's a GSDX hardware problem. I've just wanted to point to it.Smile It might help eventually the devs with other games as well.
Btw, about the broken textures thing, it's more like the colors are all messed up...

p.s. Not related to this, but the buildbot says SHOhmy should work fine now, however, I don't see a change whatsoever, maybe I'm doing sth wrong...
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.

Sponsored links

Quote:From this, it's obvious it's a GSDX hardware problem

you're right. and that's why it has nothing to do in pcsx2 bug reporting section.
moved to plugins section.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm pretty sure the devs already know this game has some gfx problems, the 'IPU Invalid Intra DC Precision, switching to 9 bits'
error has been around for quite some time, the main game works fine its mostly just the backgrounds that are messed up..

btw SH was fixed for software mode hardware mode wont see any change.
I don't know where to inform the team, but I've just noticed it. The compatibility list should be updated: I can say I've finished Onimusha Warlords PAL to the end. So it should be written: playable instead of menus.
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.