[Bug Report] PCSX2 and AMD Graphics Driver crash
Bug 
#PCSX2 Nightly version 1.7.5457
#CPU Settings: Frame limiter enabled, EE cycles 100%, EE cycle jump disabled, Affinity Check disabled, Multithread VU1 Enabled, Instant VU1 enabled, Cheats disabled, host filesystem disabled
   Optimal Frame Pacing enabled.
#Plugin used: Direct3D 12 for graphics and XAudio2 with Timestretch and Surround 5.1 for audio output
#Bug description: PCSX2 freezes and then after a second AMD Graphics drivers crash

The bug happened twice with Persona 3 FES (PAL) in different places but about same playtime of a couple minutes first time on version 1.7.5428 and then I updated to the latest 1.7.5457

Also no patches of any kind are applied to the game.

I'll write my system specs and attach the crash dumps:

MOBO: MSI B550-A-PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD RX 7600 ASUS Dual Series 8GB GDDR6 VRAM
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz
HDD: 1TB Toshiba and 2TB Seagate Barracuda (where the game it's located)
SSD: 250GB Kingston A2000 NVME (where the emulator it's located)

The first dump that ends in 267 is from the most up-to-date version of PCSX2.

.txt   crash-2024-01-14-15-23-38-267.txt (Size: 33,54 KB / Downloads: 28)

.txt   crash-2024-01-14-15-11-48-822.txt (Size: 33,25 KB / Downloads: 24)

Thanks for your time

Sponsored links

1 - are your GPU and igpu drivers up to date ?
2 - why are you forcing rendering to D3D12 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-14-2024, 06:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - are your GPU and igpu drivers up to date ?
2 - why are you forcing rendering to D3D12 ?

Thanks for the answer, yes my discrete gpu drivers are up to date and I don't have an integrated gpu.

For the D3D12 rendering honestly I don't even remember why I've set it as default, maybe some games I tried in the past used to have better performance with it but it never had a hiccup with a single game, not even the above mentioned game that caused the crash. Maybe the new gpu has some problems with it, you suggest trying another renderer? Vulkan maybe?
No, I suggest setting it to auto. Don't touch what you don't understand, default settings will always be the bests and the most stables.
How do you update your GPU drivers ? Using windows device manager ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-14-2024, 08:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: No, I suggest setting it to auto. Don't touch what you don't understand, default settings will always be the bests and the most stables.
How do you update your GPU drivers ? Using windows device manager ?

I'll try thanks, and absolutely no, I only use the AMD Software for managing the GPU's settings and drivers.

I'd kindly ask to not make assumption on what I don't understand, I remember only that with the default settings some games broke and one of the suggested solutions was to force Direct3D 12. It worked, tried with some other games and worked very well with them too. The only thing that changed since I last used the old 1.7.5428, is the GPU so I assumed that maybe the emulator wasn't exactly 100% compatible with the GPU or the new AMD drivers since it's a nightly release. 
Otherwise i wouldn't have gone through the hassle of opening a bug report thread

Don't wanna sound entitled or something, just that "Don't touch what you don't understand " sounded a bit rude.

EDIT: Tried the game with Vulkan just out of curiosity, it ran perfectly. Since I still think that could be an emulator bug, I'll try with auto and eventually tinker with the other settings