[Bug Report] Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 [PAL-M5] [SLES-55656]
Hiya folks.

I came here to register as I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in the development of the PCSX2 emulator, including the now-ex-contributor/developer of the emulator, cottonvibes!

Going back on topic now, Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 crashes after the Konami logo screen and after setting up a UEFA Champions League friendly/exhibition game (which is where the respective video clips get played).

This game was tested on the versions of the following PCSX2 components:

- Core (Main Executable - PCSX2.exe): SVN R4962 (v0.9.9)
- Video Plugin: GSdx R4967 (AVX - DX11)
- Sound Plugin: SPU2-X R4949

Here's my system specs:

- Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
- Physical RAM = 3568 MB
- CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
- CPU speed = 3.108 ghz (4 logical threads)
- x86PType = Standard OEM
- x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
- x86EFlags = 28100000
- x86 Instruction Types = MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX > copied/pasted from the PCSX2 Program Log - hence the crappy layout (sorry)!

In order to workaround this issue, WHICH IS CAUSED BY ENABLING THE 'FAST CDVD ACCESS' SPEED HACK, I've used the "Skip MPEG" fix on the main menu BEFORE I have decided that I typed the following workaround into the GameIndex.dbf file using Microsoft Office Word so that the emulator will automatically implement it whenever I play that game:

Quote:Serial = SLES-55656
Name = Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Region = PAL-M5
Compat = 5
SkipMPEGHack = 1 // The game crashes whenever a PCSX2 tries to play in-game videos in this game whilst having the 'Fast CDVD Access' speed hack enabled in the emulator.

Sponsored links

Sounds like our usual IPU bugs, very much known and very little we can do about them Wacko
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay - found out what the problem is, and you won't believe it - turns out that the CDVD Access speed hack was the culprit after all!

Enabling it causes the game to not load after the introductory video just after the PAL/NTSC selection screen, and disabling it allows the game to load.

As a result, the workaround that I have posted up is basically not needed, unless one wants to enable the aforementioned speed hack AND play the game as well, which I tend to have a very bad habit of, even though the developers have advised us to use/configure speed hacks and game fixes manually.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this thread, and I would like to thank Bositman for replying on this thread!
So i guess this 'bug' was bogus Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-21-2011, 04:44 PM)Bositman Wrote: So i guess this 'bug' was bogus Tongue

LMAO, you can say that again!

More like me being a grade-A retard! Tongue