[Bug Report] Rogue Galaxy SCUS_974.90 PAL / NTSC
Pcsx2 version: 0.96 (newest BETA-Release pcsx2-r1736: cannot be opened at all)

Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on (Processor: Intel Core 2Quad CPU 2427 MHZ

Plugin: GSDX 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14 (hardware/software, dx10)

Description: Game can be started normally, 1st fight can be completed normally, but whenever I try to load a saved savestate game (or simply want to go into configuration menu and try to jump back to the game afterwards) screen remains black, sound can still be heard, FPS jump up to 200 or more % and are not limited anymore. Game does not completely freeze, but I´m not able to see anything anymore. Tried various technical options, result stays the same. Is this a known technical issue? Haven´t read about it before, neither here nor in Google.

All hacks are off.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Sponsored links

The problem is only when using saved states?
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(09-20-2009, 10:13 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: The problem is only when using saved states?

No, it´s whenever I try to activate/change/deactivate ANY option of the emulator and want to continue playing afterwards. This includes saving/loading as well.
(09-22-2009, 06:35 PM)R!ck_Diamonds Wrote:
(09-20-2009, 10:13 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: The problem is only when using saved states?

No, it´s whenever I try to activate/change/deactivate ANY option of the emulator and want to continue playing afterwards. This includes saving/loading as well.

oh so you were talking about the emu configuration.

well the way pcsx2 works when changing a setting (afaik) is it takes a saved state internally, it brings up the gui so you can change your settings, and then it reloads the saved state when you resume the game.

So the problem seems to be saved states not working reliably.
This will 'probably' be fixed with the new wx pcsx2, which handles things differently.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(09-22-2009, 08:31 PM)cottonvibes Wrote:
(09-22-2009, 06:35 PM)R!ck_Diamonds Wrote:

oh so you were talking about the emu configuration.

well the way pcsx2 works when changing a setting (afaik) is it takes a saved state internally, it brings up the gui so you can change your settings, and then it reloads the saved state when you resume the game.

So the problem seems to be saved states not working reliably.
This will 'probably' be fixed with the new wx pcsx2, which handles things differently.

okay, thank you. i´ll just wait for a new version then.
Just wanted to bump this. This exact same thing is happening to me!

Rogue Galaxy SCUS_974.90 (NTSC). Tried both retail disc and a backup i made.

PCSX2 version: Official v0.9.6 release
Video Plugin: GSDX 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 [DirectX10/Hardware]

My specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 2.4ghz (tried with stock(no OC) as well)
RAM: 4GB DDR2-1066
Video Card: Sapphire HD 4870 Toxic
Doubt it but... does this still happen with the 0.9.7 betas?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-27-2010, 04:29 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Doubt it but... does this still happen with the 0.9.7 betas?

I tried the game in the very last betas and I didn't find any troubles at all. The game plays fine and no black screens at all, save states work, everything is ok Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Alrighty, closing this then.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64